Fox car rentl

Old Feb 20, 14, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Fox car rentl

Going to LAS nd Fox rental is the cheapest. Are they good? Or should i stick with national brand for 100 more.
Old Feb 20, 14, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL & AA Plat, HH Dia, MR Plat, IHG Spire
Fox is located off airport, via a two-stop shuttle ride. First you go to the main rental car facility, then you take a Fox van from their to their own lot. A long ride. Once there, service is not swift. However, rates are low, so if you have the time and want to save, this could be a good option for you.
Old Feb 20, 14, 11:18 pm

The good and the bad...

Originally Posted by hqly2001 View Post
Going to LAS nd Fox rental is the cheapest. Are they good? Or should i stick with national brand for 100 more.
Fox is reached by a separate shuttle from the car rental center (you take a shuttle from the airport to get to the car rental center), so you're looking at two shuttles, no real big deal. However, if it's at all busy, your wait at Fox to actually rent your car, will be horrendous. Employees are oblivious to long lines, they are slower than the infamous molasses to process persons, and when it's their lunch time or lunch break, you're outta luck, regardless how long the line is...they just disappear into their break room. I know not where their manager(s) are...

Once you're done with the line to rent your car, the next hurdle is to go outside and get a car. Again, if it's busy, be prepared to wait (seriously).

The good news, right now it's NOT 115 degrees outside.

The add'l good news, you're right, Fox is usually cheap.

If you happen to find a price at a rental company that is located at the car rental center that is reasonably close to what Fox charges, I'd definitely go for that...otherwise, nothing wrong with Fox if you get a great price, just understand you may be challenged.

I've rented from that location many times, I've rented from Fox many times, especially in the SJC and SFO area, saved bucks but have also had more than the average number of experiences that made me question my sanity for choosing them.

Hope that's helpful; just my honest appraisal. They really need to get their s*it together, from the counter persons, to their onsite managers, to their online customer service, to their corporate office. And if you have problems, billing is handled in Florida, their corporate office is in California, gawd help you.
Old Mar 2, 14, 10:26 am

Randix, I am going to SFO in June and thinking of renting a Fox car at SFO. Is the line there long too? Cars safe to drive?
Old Mar 2, 14, 1:59 pm

fyi...

Generally lines at FOX in both SFO and SJC are very short (eg tolerable), and they always have more than 1 employee at the counter; once the paperwork is done (no kiosks), picking up the car is just a matter of how fast you walk to the pick up area nearby. Never had a problem with their cars. Fox has some great deals that they advertise on their website about 1-2 weeks ahead of time, sometimes $8-$11/day+taxes, so always check that for possibilities. They just raised the airport car rental facility charge in SJC, so few bucks more there.

Originally Posted by Noveluver View Post
Randix, I am going to SFO in June and thinking of renting a Fox car at SFO. Is the line there long too? Cars safe to drive?
Old Mar 11, 14, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Hi,

any experience with Fox in LAX?? Also a long shuttle ride? I am looking to pick up car around 9am on Saturday during summer.

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 14, 12:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I have had a positive experience with Fox at LAX. All the rental car companies there require shuttles I believe, so it's really no different from using a better known company. The wait wasn't too long, just 4-5 people ahead of me.

Search this Thread