Wiki Posts
Search

Discover the new europcar privilege program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Discover the new europcar privilege program

Yes, it's out today, what we have all been waiting for!!
All these years of suffering and long lasting loyal business people who have received mediocre or poor service for sticking with Europcar.
Well it's happening and hopefully they will stick to their words this time. Time to get excited with these new perks, hopefully the whole team at Europcar will be familiar with it when you pick up a car!

Check it out, discover the new program
http://www.europcar.co.uk/EBE/module...?xtor=EPR-7290

Last edited by zerbib; Feb 18, 2014 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Nothin' Bronze, IHG Plat AMB, Europcar Privilege Elite
With us decent corporate rate and not minding about missing out on free weekends I don't mind the new changes.

The double upgrade will be interesting at elite and elite VIP, it doesn't seen to specify a maximum model that they'll upgrade to!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by basske
With us decent corporate rate and not minding about missing out on free weekends I don't mind the new changes.

The double upgrade will be interesting at elite and elite VIP, it doesn't seen to specify a maximum model that they'll upgrade to!
Yes i noticed that too and it used to be capped before to sdar models. Will see this week end whether I get double upgrade for my first hire with the new program.
The biggest -ve , is that the 30% seem to has disappeared both for elite and VIP.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Nothin' Bronze, IHG Plat AMB, Europcar Privilege Elite
Originally Posted by zerbib
Yes i noticed that too and it used to be capped before to sdar models. Will see this week end whether I get double upgrade for my first hire with the new program.
The biggest -ve , is that the 30% seem to has disappeared both for elite and VIP.
Heres hoping you get a great Upgrade, I'll be interested to hear back!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by basske
Heres hoping you get a great Upgrade, I'll be interested to hear back!
So far so good, upgrades have been more than generous! From IDMR to SFAR and SWAR which is 2 if not 3 cat upgrade. The 30% discount has definitely vanished and rentals are at a slight premium to Hertz and Avis but I don't know about the upgrades there..

Last edited by zerbib; Mar 2, 2014 at 3:57 am
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Definitely not an improvement for me. The loss of 30% discount is a bummer, and not exactly an improvement.

Last rental (after the 17th when changes took effect) I got downgraded to an economy model. So not great, so far.

In fairness, they did knock 50% off the rental in recompense, but having in past been fairly relaxed about upgrades, the changes make me a bit more fussy.

I wondewhich genuis thought that regular customers might not notice the effect of the "improvements"
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
At MEL I was upgraded from SDAR to the best car they had in stock (mercedes E-class) so the upgrade privilege is improved. But it was only 2 day rental, suspect duration may be a factor.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:13 pm

As usual a big fanfared set of improvements don't seem to be that way in the details. The 30% discount was a big pull for me but it's gone. Plus, my latest rental which was for over 3 weeks has completely vanished from my account during the transition to these improvements, and I haven't heard back from customer service about when they'll reinstate it on my account.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
how do you get the free weekend hires?

does it appear in your account somewhere? On my 3rd hire since it was introduced this weekend.

oh and if you hire from Liverpool Lime Street don't ever expect an upgrade - ever.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geoggy

does it appear in your account somewhere? On my 3rd hire since it was introduced this weekend.
Just got my third rental and waiting to see what happens!
it's true the 30% discount is a big drawback, but I did get a huge upgrade on last rental from IVMR to PDAR!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Geoggy

oh and if you hire from Liverpool Lime Street don't ever expect an upgrade - ever.
Just received an email for a free week end rental. It doesn't appear on your profile, an email is sent to you and states that you must not displace it as it has the unique link to redeem you free rental..

Also, I received an email from priority lounge access for my free annual membership, the next thing will be the euro voucher discount!!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Rented a economy car in Bergamo Airport as a Privilege Elite and received a VW UP Automatic

No upgrade, but brand new and fairly decent, only the automatic made it the worst car to drive ever! Luckily only had to drive a few km for one day but still.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will have a rental at Weeze Airport in Germany coming up tomorrow.
Reserved a Economy Elite e.g. Audi A1. Will see what I get if no upgrade I'll ask.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:12 pm

Rented a Audi A1 got a GolfGTD, very nice car, 180bhp and less then 1000km driven
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Rented a Audi A1 got a GolfGTD, very nice car, 180bhp and less then 1000km driven
that's quite an upgrade , did they mention anything about the status?
PS : the free rental is not linked to your profile, be aware unless you show them your card as the reservation will have you as a first time rental, you may only receive a cdmr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.