Payless Car Rental tried to screw me - scammers

Old Feb 16, 14, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Payless Car Rental tried to screw me - scammers

Booked a rental car with Payless. Sure they are dirt cheap. Remember you get what you pay for. Office was off site and filthy.Get this, when the dirt bag at the counter checks me in the amount is DOUBLE was my online quote was. After some research and the clerk playing dumb here is what happened. My rate was $32/day with a res date of Feb 15. HOWEVER I was there a bit early and checked in on Feb 14 at... 11:59pm. So for ONE MINUTE they charged me a full day! And the best part... sorry no refunds once you check in. After an argument with the manager I finally did get a refund. They try to play it off all dumb to like they did not know what they were doing when in fact the whole time they did know what they were doing. I wonder how many other travelers who are tired and don't realize this fall for this scam. Lesson learned.... avoid cheap ghetto car rental companies.
Old Feb 16, 14, 9:19 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Was this a corporate or franchise location? That may have a bearing on how you were treated.
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:28 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Some details are missing here. So, you tried to get a car a day before your reservation? Oftentimes, agencies hold to the reservation you made... were you truly only one minute early? Or was your reservation for later on the 15th? What location?

Lots of details missing from your account of what happened.
Old Feb 16, 14, 10:37 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the Other Rental Car Programs forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 31, 14, 11:43 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Payless screwed me too..The car was filthy and had stains..I reported the stains before I rented the car..They then charged me for the stains..Very dishonest..The case is in dispute now..I see small claims court in my future..DONT RENT FROM PAYLESS!

Search this Thread