Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Luxury" category cars and their trunks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:14 am
Original Poster

"Luxury" category cars and their trunks

Enterprise at PHX has the best prices for cars in this category (even less than in the Premium category, which is unusual), and told me on the phone that the cars we'd most likely get (no guarantees, of course) would be the Lincoln MKZ and Cadillac ATS. From what I've head, they don't have terribly large trunks (e.g., the Lincoln MKZ has a smaller trunk than the MKS). Would these cars likely have room in their trunks for 4 large bags (not oversized, standard-sized large bags) and a couple of carry-on bags in the trunk?

We could increase odds of a larger car, such as an MKS, renting through Avis, etc., but the rates would be higher. Would like to keep bags in the trunk when traveling and we'll be away from the car for a few hours.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The ATS certainly will not. Based on interior and cargo space the EPA classifies it a Compact car.

Think about Premium and an Impala or Taurus for trunk space.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find....n=sbs&id=33643
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I agree about the ATS. Probably why Enterprise charges so much less for "Luxury" than Premium cars and less than Avis, etc. I found these trunk sizes, in cubic feet:
-ATS: 10.4 (same as above)
-MKZ: 15.4
-MKS: 19.2
-Taurus: 20.1

I think we'll wait till we get to the consolidated rental car facility at PHX and see what's available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.