FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Enterprise Premium vs. National Emerald Aisle as LAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1543219-enterprise-premium-vs-national-emerald-aisle-las.html)

cjdesmond Jan 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Enterprise Premium vs. National Emerald Aisle as LAS

Renting out of Las Vegas Intl. Airport this week, and while I typically rent from National and choose from the Emerald Aisle, the all-in rate for a Premium car is $7 less than the rate for a full-size from National. I haven't rented from Enterprise in years, and never from this location; could someone describe what I should expect to find for a Premium (and whether I'd have any choice in the matter), the rental procedure at Enterprise LAS (i.e. counter, etc.), and opinions as to whether the nicer car from Enterprise would be worth the hassle compared to picking a car from the Emerald Aisle? These days the Emerald Aisle selection tends toward Impalas, Chrysler 200s, Altimas and the like, so if the most I could expect out of an Enterprise Premium class is, say, a Charger, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for your help!

kxc262 Jan 23, 2014 12:18 am

Originally Posted by cjdesmond (Post 22184774)
Renting out of Las Vegas Intl. Airport this week, and while I typically rent from National and choose from the Emerald Aisle, the all-in rate for a Premium car is $7 less than the rate for a full-size from National. I haven't rented from Enterprise in years, and never from this location; could someone describe what I should expect to find for a Premium (and whether I'd have any choice in the matter), the rental procedure at Enterprise LAS (i.e. counter, etc.), and opinions as to whether the nicer car from Enterprise would be worth the hassle compared to picking a car from the Emerald Aisle? These days the Emerald Aisle selection tends toward Impalas, Chrysler 200s, Altimas and the like, so if the most I could expect out of an Enterprise Premium class is, say, a Charger, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for your help!

I rent from Enterprise pretty frequently. Almost 40 days a year now since it is the best rate I can find with my coop rate.

Never rented from LAS but the premium car selection is the same as National.

The 300C (IMHO) is the best in the lineup since it packs a lot of punch into a premium rental. Comes with V8/Garmin Nav from my experience. Your typical Premiums will be the Maxima (avoid since its the base model), but the Kia Cadenza is a rare find. Other premiums I have got include the Genesis which I really like. 2014 Impala is Premium. I also got a Avalon before as well as a Subaru Outback.

The Charger would be a full size. Same with Impala 2012/13 and Altima.

I would recommend signing up for Enterprise Plus. It lets you cut the line at most airports.

cjdesmond Jan 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Picked up on Tuesday, dropped off this morning. It was weird having to wait in line to get a rental contract again, and the only PCAR they had available was a Ford Taurus Limited with 28k miles on it - I was hoping for a 300 or a Genesis, or just something newer, but compared to the Altima I probably would have ended up with at National (at a higher price), I'll take it, even if the leather was a bit cracked.

I might rent from them again if the price was right, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it to someone who didn't know their way around a rental car company. Two different agents tried to talk me into buying insurance that would have been redundant with my credit card and home/auto policy, and the checkout guy didn't want to mark down any damage on the car even though there were significant scratches on the rear decklid and a golf ball-sized dent next to the fuel filler cap. Given the stories on this board about damage charges from Enterprise, I was sure I photographed everything before I left the lot. So, caveat emptor, but if you know what you're doing, you can get a pretty nice car at a great rate.