Alamo in San Francisco

Old Jan 8, 14, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Alamo in San Francisco

On a trip later this year, we will be picking up a car in San Francisco and wish to drop it in LAX. Alamo has the best prices on this by far. However, I am disturbed reading posts here and watching the YouTube videos about the ridiculous lines that form starting early a.m, particularly at the O'Farrell street location.

I can get the same prices from the SFO Convention Center location. While further out of the way, I would much rather go there if I can avoid those massive lines. The Bush street location shows *much* higher prices for some reason.

Does anyone have experience with the Convention Center location? Are the lines as bad there?

Thanks, any insight appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:24 pm

take bart to the airport...

pick up the Alamo car there.

Originally Posted by ridge4 View Post
On a trip later this year, we will be picking up a car in San Francisco and wish to drop it in LAX. Alamo has the best prices on this by far. However, I am disturbed reading posts here and watching the YouTube videos about the ridiculous lines that form starting early a.m, particularly at the O'Farrell street location.

I can get the same prices from the SFO Convention Center location. While further out of the way, I would much rather go there if I can avoid those massive lines. The Bush street location shows *much* higher prices for some reason.

Does anyone have experience with the Convention Center location? Are the lines as bad there?

Thanks, any insight appreciated.
Old Jan 9, 14, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by randix View Post
pick up the Alamo car there.
Thanks for the feedback, but that approach almost triples the rate. I think I would rather take the next lowest quote from Budget on Post St.

Search this Thread