Enterprise website now allows reservations for neighborhood store one-ways

Old Dec 22, 13, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Enterprise website now allows reservations for neighborhood store one-ways

This must be something very new. It is possible to book one-ways between neighborhood stores, and between a neighborhood store and an airport. Previously, the website only allowed one-ways to be booked between airports, with a drop-down menu that appeared upon checking the box for one-ways. Now when checking the box, the menu is gone, and just type the location names into the pick up and return fields. The one-way landing page had also said "one-ways are allowed between major airport locations," but now it says "one-ways are available between most locations." Previously, one-ways between neighborhood stores were sometimes allowed, but only when booked by phone.

Some kinks may still need to be worked out. For instance, interstate one-ways probably give unlimited miles, but in most cases the neighborhood store mileage restrictions do not appear to automatically update to reflect the one-way. The FL driveout rates are given, which by definition are supposed to spread the cars out of FL, but the neighborhood stores still say "free mileage restricted to the state of FL, otherwise 150 mi/day, etc."

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Dec 22, 13 at 10:34 pm
Old Dec 28, 13, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Silver, National Exec
I know for corporate rentals you receive your company's negotiated rate plus a pre-determined drop fee based on where you're picking up and where you're returning. Not sure how it works for leisure.
Old Dec 28, 13, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Do the state restrictions still apply with your corporate ID?
Old Jan 5, 14, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Do the state restrictions still apply with your corporate ID?
it does with mine.
Old Jan 7, 14, 9:04 am
Original Poster

I just spoke to the 800 number and the branches I might have used for this. For one-ways between neighborhood stores, the mileage restrictions are indeed the same as roundtrip, in addition to any applicable drop charge. The explanation I got was that neighborhood stores have less inventory than airports, and that airports have more business travelers, so this is a way to control demand at neighborhood stores.

A drop charge plus a limit of 150 miles per day to a non-bordering state would definitely make this a non-option for many customers. Also beware the 150 miles a day limit to non-bordering states even for the FL driveout, when picked up at some neighborhood stores.

Search this Thread