Enterprise - USAA Discount?

Old May 13, 13, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Enterprise - USAA Discount?

I just finished making a reservation with Enterprise using the USAA discount. USAA waives the underage driver fee as well as no additional charge for extra drivers.

USAA's page says "No Additional Driver Fees for spouses and USAA member drivers". I later noticed that Enterprises's page says "No additional driver fee for spouse or other USAA family members".

Does this mean that the additional driver must be a family member of mine or is it referring to members of USAA as a family? Does father-in-law count as family? I know it's a strange question, but I was hoping to take advantage of the extra driver. Also, do I need to provide any type of proof that I'm a USAA member? I could login to my account if needed. I don't know of how else I would verify it. Thanks!
Old May 13, 13, 10:36 pm

Go to your USAA profile and print out your profile page, which includes your name, address, membership number, etc.

Enterprise is quirky. I would certainly want to make sure I had valid proof.
Old May 14, 13, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Denverbounding View Post
Go to your USAA profile and print out your profile page, which includes your name, address, membership number, etc.

Enterprise is quirky. I would certainly want to make sure I had valid proof.
Thanks mate, I'll make sure I do just that.
Old May 19, 13, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, MR PP,
I just tried booking thru the USAA code and the prices were almost double from using no code.
Old May 19, 13, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Just a small update. I went with USAA and rented through Budget. It really seems to depend on the time and location as to whether the deal is better or worse. We're on Oahu and the rental price for my full size car through Budget was half the cost of Enterprise who was the second cheapest option. (Even with USAA) Tomorrow, on Maui, we're only saving $30 through Budget on our rental car but a savings is a savings.

As expected, the young driver fee was waived and my father-in-law was added as a second driver for free no questions asked. They did however request my USAA membership ID. I pulled out the pages I printed from both mine and my father-in-laws profile page which displayed our personal information and USAA membership number. Worked perfect. My assumption now, as to answer my original question, is that any USAA member can be added and that "family" is referring to other USAA members. I'll post another update after my experience with Budget again tomorrow when we arrive in Maui.

It's worth noting that USAA also offers some liability coverage but my car insurance covers me anyways.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: