Enterprise Cars

Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Enterprise Cars

I have a coupon which includes an Upgrade from a Standard to a Premium car. Are Nissan Maximas truly the Premium cars available?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:34 am
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
Let's put it this way, the rental vehicles in each class can vary by branch based on local fleet deals and a variety of other factors. A Maxima in a low trim might be a Full Size whereas an Accord with leather interior might be a Premium. A Corolla might be rented as a Standard Size with its usual getup but the version with no automatic locks and roller windows ... would probably still be rented as a Standard

My local branch happily substitutes anything in the "expensive" range for "expensive" reservations, so when I reserve a Premium I might end up with Luxury Car, SUV, or Pickup Truck. I've also had a Lincoln MKS, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler 300 (usually Full Size but nice trim, etc.) and similar. Since they've now split the class into Premium and Premium Elite, however, you should probably expect something more Maxima-like.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:22 am
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Good to know. Is there a way I can specify Maxima in my Premium reservation?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtc
Good to know. Is there a way I can specify Maxima in my Premium reservation?
Why would you want a Maxima? This car is the worst PCAR you can get in the Enterprise fleet. Cloth seats, outdated dashboard, uncomfortable middle back seat.

Here is a list of PCARs that you can usually get (I may have excluded a few others too): Maxima, 300C, Avalon, Impala (2014), Taurus, Genesis.

The one with the most features is the 300C. Nav, leather heated/cooling seats, great suspension, but bad MPG.

Depending on what you are looking for, I would go with other cars than the Maxima.

In addition, it is true that Enterprise now has Premium Elite and Premium, but it really depends on where you rent from. The only Premium Elite (PXAR) I ever got was a Dodge Durango.

Last edited by kxc262; Apr 28, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:05 pm
dtc

I heard that MPGs on the 300C were meh - but I've done little research. Maybe the 300C might be fun.

The local rep told me that that Ford Fusion is sometimes a Premium car. Really? And the Impala too?

Taurus, Genesis, Maxima, 300C, Avalon - sure. By Fusion and Impala? How can that be?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dtc
I heard that MPGs on the 300C were meh - but I've done little research. Maybe the 300C might be fun.

The local rep told me that that Ford Fusion is sometimes a Premium car. Really? And the Impala too?

Taurus, Genesis, Maxima, 300C, Avalon - sure. By Fusion and Impala? How can that be?
There are 2 types on Impala. The new look Impala is a PCAR. The old look is a FCAR. See the reviews here.
Note that both of these Impalas are 2014 models too.

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...y-impala-2ltz/
http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...la-limited-lt/

Fusions are FCAR. Get the Titanium (they are rare), but they are FCAR last time I got one.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:24 pm
dtc

Originally Posted by kxc262
There are 2 types on Impala. The new look Impala is a PCAR. The old look is a FCAR. See the reviews here.
Note that both of these Impalas are 2014 models too.

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...y-impala-2ltz/
http://www.carrentingreviews.com/201...la-limited-lt/

Fusions are FCAR. Get the Titanium (they are rare), but they are FCAR last time I got one.
I'm using a local, non-airport, location, so the choices are probably more limited.

I can't seem to find a way to add notes to my reservation. Is there a successful, proven way to request a specific car?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by dtc
I'm using a local, non-airport, location, so the choices are probably more limited.

I can't seem to find a way to add notes to my reservation. Is there a successful, proven way to request a specific car?
You cannot request a specific car, which really sucks. The best way would be to call the branch the day of a rental and see what they have available.

I rent in the East Bay very often btw and the car selection varies a lot.

Additional tip - Enterprise local branch cars are dumped their from the airport. They have higher mileage and may have mech issues (like alignment). If your car does have a mechanical problem, you can swap it out at SFO or SJC pretty easily. SJC has one of the better car selections last time I was there a few weeks ago but it really depends on time of day and day of week as well.

PCAR - I saw a almost new black 300C at SJC last time I was there. They also had a G37.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My last FCAR reservation got me a VW Passat which I think also goes as a PCAR. It's a really nice ride and I'd happily take it over a lot of other FCAR/PCARs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.