Spokane International Airport (GEG)

Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Spokane International Airport (GEG)

Visiting Spokane for the first time.
Just wondering if anyone knows whether GEG has a consolidated rental facility today with ,multiple car agencies and their fleet in one complex.
Or
Is it like you go to the booth at the airport then get on a bus and then go to your car in some remote location?
Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:23 am

GEG has to be one of the easiest facilities to use. Walk past the baggage carousel to the check-in counters. Enterprise is first with the others past. After you get your keys walk out the side door to the lot. It is less than a 100m walk to your car. Returning it is just as easy. You can walk from your car to security in less than 5 minutes.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runnigel
GEG has to be one of the easiest facilities to use. Walk past the baggage carousel to the check-in counters. Enterprise is first with the others past. After you get your keys walk out the side door to the lot. It is less than a 100m walk to your car. Returning it is just as easy. You can walk from your car to security in less than 5 minutes.
Cool. So technically all rental cars from all companies are just across the street. I just have to go look for what car I want note down the company name and then go back to their counter to rent that car. Right?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gabrielsreign
Cool. So technically all rental cars from all companies are just across the street. I just have to go look for what car I want note down the company name and then go back to their counter to rent that car. Right?
Well, its actually connected to the terminal, just keep walking past the baggage claim (1,2,3) area. All of the counters are in the terminal and you have to walk out to the back to get to cars. Every car company has about 2-4 rows of cars. I guess you could look around, but remember that some companies like Hertz already preassigns cars to their gold members so the car you see might not be available.

Last edited by am1108; Jun 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm Reason: Adding Terminal Map and details.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

This is great information. Thanks.^
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by gabrielsreign
Generally a bad idea to walk up without a reservation--rates are usually (not always, but usually) significantly higher.

If you're picky about your cars, make a reservation at a rate that appeals to you in a car size you like and then go out and look at that company's cars. You can then ask for a specific car from the rental agent.

Conversely, if you're not picky about your cars, just go straight to the rental counter--no need to detour through the lot first.

But either way, have a reservation before showing up. Someone I know paid $250 for a three-day rental from Hertz on a walkup rental last night at ATL. The same car was available for the same period online from Hertz for $150 ($120 after applying a CDP and PC). (National was even cheaper: $80 with a Contract ID and coupon.)
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackal
Generally a bad idea to walk up without a reservation--rates are usually (not always, but usually) significantly higher.

If you're picky about your cars, make a reservation at a rate that appeals to you in a car size you like and then go out and look at that company's cars. You can then ask for a specific car from the rental agent.

Conversely, if you're not picky about your cars, just go straight to the rental counter--no need to detour through the lot first.

But either way, have a reservation before showing up. Someone I know paid $250 for a three-day rental from Hertz on a walkup rental last night at ATL. The same car was available for the same period online from Hertz for $150 ($120 after applying a CDP and PC). (National was even cheaper: $80 with a Contract ID and coupon.)
That is good advice. Will Do a reservation. Thanks Jackal.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by runnigel
Hertz is now the first desk with their cars right out the first door.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.