Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Guy doing 130MPH in rental car running from cops gets tires popped by spike strips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guy doing 130MPH in rental car running from cops gets tires popped by spike strips

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

Wonder if the LDW covers that hahaha:

An 18-year-old Oakland resident led CHP officers on a high-speed pursuit early Monday from Ukiah to Windsor that included speeds of 130 mph, reported the CHP.

The 42-mile chase started at about 2 a.m. and took about 20 minutes.

The driver stopped near Arata Lane after hitting a spike strip put out by Sonoma County sheriff's deputies, said CHP Officer Chris Partlow, who participated in the pursuit.

Partlow said he and Officer Chris Dabs were on patrol together in southern Ukiah, parked along northbound Highway 101, when they saw a car speed by heading south.

Radar showed the 2012 Buick Lacrosse rental car was going 81 mph in the 55 mph zone, said Partlow.

The officers pulled around, got behind the car and attempted to stop the driver. He wouldn't stop and a pursuit ensued.

The chase ranged from 90-130 mph, with the lead car often pulling away from the patrol car.

Traffic was light and the few drivers on the highway got out of the way without issue, said Partlow.

In Windsor, the Buick hit the spikes and popped its left front tire. The driver stopped and was held at gunpoint by officers.

Abdul Hassen was arrested on suspicion of reckless driving, being under the influence of drugs and being unlicensed. He also was on probation for driving without a license.

Hassen was booked into the Sonoma County Jail.

The car was rented by a licensed female passenger who told authorities she had been too tired to drive, Partlow said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...-teen-arrested

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Mar 8, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:44 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
I wonder how the it's a rental attitude worked out (or will work out) for him when he settles up with the rental outfit.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btr
I wonder how the it's a rental attitude worked out (or will work out) for him when he settles up with the rental outfit.
I don't think it will be him that settles with the rental outfit, the article says he doesn't have a license! I wonder who got him the car!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I don't think it will be him that settles with the rental outfit, the article says he doesn't have a license! I wonder who got him the car!
According to the end of the article, the vehicle was rented to his female passenger who was "too tired to drive" Hope she enjoys being billed for new tires and any other damage. Even if she had purchased CDW/LDW it would be voided by an authorized driver operating the vehicle.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
According to the end of the article, the vehicle was rented to his female passenger who was "too tired to drive" Hope she enjoys being billed for new tires and any other damage. Even if she had purchased CDW/LDW it would be voided by an authorized driver operating the vehicle.
Yeah, they added that after I posted it here, I've included that final sentence in my post.

Who know a Lacrosse could do 130?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.