Alamo at DFW - high pressure tactics

Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Alamo at DFW - high pressure tactics

Just an FYI that I have been there twice in the last 30 days and both times they high pressured me with buying insurance and gas. When I declined both, the sales/counter guy said "we have had a lot of storms lately, hopefully nothing will happen this week" etc etc stuff

unprofessional. rates are cheaper than the other companies but I will go somewhere else next time.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I think there's high pressure from the National/Alamo management at DFW to produce revenue. This is evident by your experience as well as mine. I would also caution you to examine your car carefully for damage prior to checkout. The checkin staff are particularly nit picky. Coincidentally, the checkout area is in a dark, poorly lit garage while the checkin area is on the garage rooftop with plenty of sunlight to help spot the slightest imperfections.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
I encountered that last time I rented from Alamo at DFW as well, I was getting quite pissed at the guy at the counter. He at one point, after starting the process of the rental, tried to guide me to the kiosks instead. The annoying part was two-fold - I was the only person in the checkout area at the time so it's not like he had anyone else to help - and the kiosks were actually down at the time.

If the kiosks are working, the easy way to avoid the high pressure tactics is just to use the kiosks. I normally do use the kiosks at Alamo, and it makes it easy.

No issues with the return in that case at all for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.