Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it 100% that full-size will have console, thus only 5-seater?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Is it 100% that full-size will have console, thus only 5-seater?

I'm more like praying than hoping, that when I go to pick-up my Impala from Hertz 4/15: it may have a front bench instead of console, thus allowing for 6th passenger. Logically, no car rental co. would want to order such cars - so they can command premium for SUV's/minivans, right?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:59 am

It depends. Last January, a family member had an Avis Impala with a bench seat that folded out of the center armrest. This is not a guaranteed vehicle feature, of course. The Hertz Camry I had last June, also fullsize, had bucket seats. The previous year's Avis Malibu had bucket seats, too.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Just noticed BANNER on top of this page:

10 Passenger Van Rental
At TripMama.com You Can Save Up to 65% on 10 Passenger Van Rental
Car-Rentals. TripMama. com

But going thru their website, I can't even understand WHAT CO. rents 10-passenger van, let alone go thru to one-ways. Any idea?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
For a while Ford Tauruses (at least through 2007) had six passenger front bench seats. I believe the new models do not, however.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I had an Impala from Avis with a front bench for this july 4th weekend, and even ended up using it (a 13 year old had the privilege of sitting in the middle and seemed fine). However it's a long shot; I have rented quite a few Full Size cars from several companies and it was the first time that I got a car with a front bench. I never asked for a front bench though, so maybe if you ask for this feature specifically you might have better luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.