Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picking up rental car one day late

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Picking up rental car one day late

Lets say I am arriving at a city on June 16, but I notice that the total rental cost is less if I reserve the car from June 15. Which means I am picking up the rental car one day late.

Will the rental car company be ok with this?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Two problems you may face. As you arrive a day late they may see you as a no show and cancel the reservation. If they do allow the reservation they have the right to reprice it for the original. If you were to call beforehand they might not cancel it but would probably reprice the reservation anyways.

Originally Posted by eloraculo
Lets say I am arriving at a city on June 16, but I notice that the total rental cost is less if I reserve the car from June 15. Which means I am picking up the rental car one day late.

Will the rental car company be ok with this?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Not possible

The reservation will definitely be cancelled.
If you call to amend the reservation ahead of time to your actual pick-up date..the price will be adjusted to what the current rates are that day.
The reservations are held on the computer and automatically spit out when you are a "No show".
As you can imagine...the rental car companies could not possibly "Hold " vehicles..under the assumption that maybe you are going to come in tomorrow instead. That reservation is lost.
You would be wise to hunt around now... before your arrival...using whatever discounts you have at your disposal to find the best price for your actual dates.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
Originally Posted by Executrip
The reservation will definitely be cancelled.
If you call to amend the reservation ahead of time to your actual pick-up date..the price will be adjusted to what the current rates are that day.
The reservations are held on the computer and automatically spit out when you are a "No show".
As you can imagine...the rental car companies could not possibly "Hold " vehicles..under the assumption that maybe you are going to come in tomorrow instead. That reservation is lost.
You would be wise to hunt around now... before your arrival...using whatever discounts you have at your disposal to find the best price for your actual dates.
try a later time in that day sometimes prices go down especially on weekends

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.