Shoutout for Enterprise at PHL

Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Shoutout for Enterprise at PHL

Have to hand it to them,

It was the best customer service I have ever seen/received. I would not have treated myself as well.

1) Shuttle driver was all over me to handle baggage (instead of merely sitting behind the wheel);
2) Courteous greeting by professionally dressed associate at location (gent was in suit);
3) Another associate inside greeted me and showed me where the rope line was [like, I did not know?];
4) Associate at the business end of the rope line showed me which counter rep would help me, and gave me bottled water;
5) Counter rep went through litany of options without a hard sell attitude. Counter rep also gave me 5% discount for AAA membership even though I did not have my card with me and I had made discount reservation through expedia.com;
6) all male associates were in long sleeve white shirt with tie; several wearing suit coats; and
7) when I returned the vehicle [a Mercury Gran Marquis], check-in rep stopped the bus before it left the lot and gave me my cell phone which I had left in car [duh].

Have never been treated as well as this situation. I hope that manager keeps it coming.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience. If you have time, how about writing an email/letter or making a phone call to the Area Manager or Group Rental Manager? I'm sure the branch would really appreciate the gesture and it would be good motivation for them to keep working hard.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Sounds like good service. More rental agencies would do well to look at this example.

I've never rented at PHL airport, but I did rent at PHL near 30th Street Station once. The service was decent (albeit a bit slow) but not anything like what you've posted. Looks like the airport branch has their act together. Hope that branch manager gets promoted upwards.

FWIW, professional dress (suit and tie) is standard at Enterprise nationwide.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.