Philippine Airlines Partners?

Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines Partners?

Hi - I'm not a member of Phillipine Airline's program (never flown 'em before), but I may be flying them in the near future, and I cannot find a single partner on which I could earn miles. Are there any?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by scutfarcus
Hi - I'm not a member of Phillipine Airline's program (never flown 'em before), but I may be flying them in the near future, and I cannot find a single partner on which I could earn miles. Are there any?

Thanks!
no, but after one long-hual rt, you'll have close to enough miles for an intra-asia rt, which could be of some value on the coupon connection.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
no, but after one long-haul rt, you'll have close to enough miles for an intra-asia rt, which could be of some value on the coupon connection.

And you can pick up some extra miles by flying FC intra PI, which costs surprisingly little over coach (I've always wanted to fly upstairs on a 747 ). Visited a friend in Cebu, got club access there on my way back to MNL.

Oh, and you get to be in a terminal with a.c. when you fly Other int'l flights leave from a VERY hot terminal that has no a.c. Did I mention the Philippines are kinda warm?

EmailKid
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:13 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
phil lurker?

Decent airline, fair 'J class pricing, good points - but they do need to get some 'friends' (partner airlines!)
And yes + the a/c is worth the fare dif in Manila!!
Watch for your terminal too...
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:27 am

Oh, geez, did I make a big mistake or what!!!!

I was in Siem Reap, on my long awaited vacation. Medical emergency in US. RT tickets on Cathay, but no availability for 2 days. So looked up flights to LAX on the web. I could have sworn I saw something about miles being credited to Asia miles. My husband saw it, too. I booked the very expensive, one way tickets home-only airline that had ANY availability immediately out of Bangkok. Am I correct that I will get NO miles for 17 hours, in coach? I sound like a whiny crying baby, don't I?? Look what FT has turned me into. And to think, 4 years ago, I flew 4 times per year, on my own dime, B class to South America from LAX and didn't even belong to AAdvantage.

Gina

PS-Moondog-my vacation was GREAT!!!! I am going back to Vietnam to fill up a container with all the stuff I saw, which will sell well in the US, as soon as I can figure out the cheapest and best way to get there, BUSINESS CLASS. Phnom Phenh was the best place I went.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
No, GReatam, U don't sound whiny nor immature.

Philippine Air has non-stop local traffic LAS--YVR. Perhaps one earns enough miles flying to Manila & back to get this on an award.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I am going YVR-LAS with them in August. At $140 Y all in RT, the family saved a bit of cash.
A hot meal too on the schedule, could it be??
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:15 pm
Suspended

PAL is a good airline, though some partners would really help themout and make them more popular consdireing theri great pricing in j
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Does anyone else crack up watching the inflight safety video on PAL? The dubbing just adds to the hilarity.

Anyone?

I guess it's just me...
Old May 2, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Anyone know if there has been any progress on PAL adding airline partners? I can't see any.
Old May 2, 2011, 2:08 pm

Very few, I don't know if this is new information or "the way it's always been":
http://www.philippineairlines.com/fl...re_flights.jsp

Only six airlines, and only from the Philippines to 4 Middle East locations, 2 Asian locations. One destination per airline.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I highly doubt it, at least so far. Airlines don't see a lot of value for some reason in courting PAL, and PAL is too busy dealing with its own problems to be aggressive on its own.

I'd like for PAL though to court more partners, and perhaps eventually join an alliance, when the time is right for them.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:08 am

Possible to use any alliance miles for award ticket?

Can One world, skyteam, or star alliance miles be used for Phillipine Air award travel? Family member looking for very expensive ticket from China to Manila.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by sharonsimon
Can One world, skyteam, or star alliance miles be used for Phillipine Air award travel? Family member looking for very expensive ticket from China to Manila.
No, it cannot.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by sharonsimon
Use a Chinese airline that's an alliance member.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.