FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   help! confusion with malaysia airlines reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/983743-help-confusion-malaysia-airlines-reservation.html)

prash Aug 10, 2009 9:29 am

help! confusion with malaysia airlines reservation

hello, i chanced by this forum and thought could seek some advice from seasoned travellers.

my bro booked return malaysia airlines tickets to Singapore-London heathrow for my parents in september. rather carelessly, he did not ensure gender column was right for mum. so it remained as MR and not MRS/MS.

needed to call malaysia airlines numerous times to seek amendment. amazing that they dont have an e-mail contact. first time i called, they asked me to send e-mail to tech support at [email protected] - no reply. second time, staff member said will be done by the end of the day- no action. third time staff member said done and e-mail of updated itinerary will be sent to my e-mail. when i called again when i did not receive by the end of the day, she said there's a queue for the auto sending system or something and we shld receive by end of the week. well, i've waited and still seen nothing.

the thing is, they've said that it is updated in the system. but, i'd like an updated copy so that they will be no dispute at the airport. given there's no email contact (on website or anywhere) unlike other major airlines, i cant have written confirmation of the correction. just a verbal confirmation which is not enough.

anyone could pls advise on what i should do? their call centre staff are really not prompt. if the amendment is not made, will they deny the passenger concerned travel on the day of departure?

thanks!

Guy Betsy Aug 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by prash (Post 12202570)
anyone could pls advise on what i should do? their call centre staff are really not prompt. if the amendment is not made, will they deny the passenger concerned travel on the day of departure?

thanks!

1. Do not email.
2. Call MH at the departure city's ticket office, or your travel agent if you booked through one.
Just tell them that the gender is supposed to be Mrs. Your ticket will NOT be reissued and does not need to. The airline staff will put a note on the reservation that will not show up on the email they send you.

Just make sure that her name is listed as such as in the passport that she is travelling on. But while you're on the phone with MH, you might as well do the seat selection.

And welcome to FlyerTalk, by the way.

carrotjuice Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by prash (Post 12202570)
third time staff member said done and e-mail of updated itinerary will be sent to my e-mail. when i called again when i did not receive by the end of the day, she said there's a queue for the auto sending system or something and we shld receive by end of the week. well, i've waited and still seen nothing.

Don't trust MH's supposed scheduled e-mail system. There were several times over the last year when I tried to book tickets on their website, but some transactions were randomly rejected by their credit card clearing bank. When that happens, I had to call MH head office to have the credit card payments sorted by phone. I would then be told their system will e-mail the e-ticket details... I never received them even once. :td:

prash Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm

thanks!

hello,thanks for the prompt replies

in fact, having read reply from the mod, realised i missed saying something. the third time i called, staff member actually got the KL office to update and send me itinerary. but, i didn't know the change does not show. so i called the same staff member thinking its still an error. funny, she said she will follow-up and did not mention that it will not show in the email! later, she called me and said it's updated and e-mail will be sent by end of the week! thanks for enlightening me!

and..yes it seems if u want something from them u have to bug them again and again. haiz....

glad i came to the right place to put my worries to rest! cheers.... :p

hsp Jun 4, 2010 10:56 pm

Change passenger name

Is there anyway to change passenger's name? I already send an email to [email protected], but still haven't reply me. Since its already sent me the itinerary, but is there any chances to change it?:(

henry.tan Jun 5, 2010 1:41 am

Originally Posted by hsp (Post 14079737)
Is there anyway to change passenger's name? I already send an email to [email protected], but still haven't reply me. Since its already sent me the itinerary, but is there any chances to change it?:(

If you are changing it to another passenger's name then i think it is a cancellation of ticket which the fare you paid will be refunded back to you minus administration cost. Also it depends on what fare class you are holding MHlow, MH Basic, MH Smart or MH Flex. MHlow does not allow any changes and no refund so you basically loose out the whole fare. Basic, Smart and Flex allows changes and refunds but for a fee. IBE support usually gets back to you in around 4 working days. The last time i amended my ticket due to a spelling error i included my mobile so that they could call me and they did to explain to me what i needed to give them in order to amend my name. It was for a fee of RM 250.