Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Airlines and seat assignments w/ kids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

EVA Airlines and seat assignments w/ kids

I'm flying EVA for the first time from SFO to TPE.

I have a one year old and 4 year old, and can't get a seat assignment over the phone. They said that have assigned all the seats and I have to go to the airport to get our seat assignment.

I'm really disappointed that they couldn't get us some seat assignments over the phone. I have been able to get assignments from UA (w/o having status) because of our kids.

What are people's experience in getting seat assignments on EVA at the aiport? I'm worried we won't be able to sit with the kids. They said I can go as early as 3.5 hours before departure time to get seats...

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Call EVA Taipei office, you may get a different response.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: EVA, SQ, DL, AA, UA...
You should be able to choose you seats on their website, unless your flight is more than 100 days away.

I fly BR 17 & BR 27 often and EVA seems to do a great job in keeping families with children together in the front rows of elite and economy.

Good luck, 14 hours is a long flight with young children.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:35 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I'm kind of surprised by that response. I agree with coolfish1103, call someone else. Which office did you call anyway?? I should think that with the one year old you would be preassigned a bulkhead row pretty easy. One year old's are still bassinet sized aren't they??? I'd get back on the phone and politely push the issue a little more firmly if I were you. Maybe you just got an inexperienced agent. In any case I'd be pretty sure that even if you waited until check-in they would displace someone else from the bulkhead if they had to. Even if I use my Gold status to finagle a bulkhead seat for myself in advance, it comes with the disclaimer that I will surely loose that seat if someone shows up with a baby. Under no circumstances are they going to separate you from the kids.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

I called the SFO office. I also ask the CS agent about bassinet availability. She stated all 3 where already taken. I also tried online but it said that there were no seats to assign. I just booked my tickets and travelling in less than 2 weeks, so that is probably why.

I'll try to call the Taipei office. It's reassuring to hear that they will keep us with our kids. Thanks to all!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I think its worth another call a day or so before you fly. EVA do seem to block seats from time-to-time - perhaps pending a group booking or even in case there is an "equipment change". If you could get seats allocated then it would give you of peace of mind.

You didn't say if you were in Economy or not. I'm guessing you are since you've had this trouble. IF you're in C (or perhaps Elite/Deluxe) then certainly I'd make a big fuss.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
She stated all 3 where already taken.
Looks like you're in 777 elite class where they got 3 bassinets up front. You might want to call EVA back from time to time to check if any of the 3 bassinets have opened up. Having to share amongst the three of you with only two seats with fixed armrest is not the most convenient thing.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Update:

We got Elite class seats. I called the Taipei office and told them we had a 1 year old. He said he would help me to reserve 20A and C which are bassinet seats. We don't really need the bassinet since we bought our 1 year old a seat, but he said he could only assign seats for the bassinet seats. Since my 1 yr old qualified for the bassinet, I told him I would take it.

What is confusing to me is SFO said all the bassinets seats were taken, but Taipei office said all bassinet seats were available. Is it possible these are just requests and not actual seat assignment?

He said there was nothing he could do for our other seats...

Thanks to all for your help
Old Dec 6, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Bassinet seats always come first unless it's all taken.

Taipei office has more power in re-assigning seats or unblock seats than SFO. The SFO office could help you by contacting the Taipei office to unblock it, but if the agent does not feel like it, or the time zone is not in favor, you may just not get the seat unblocked.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Sounds about right for EVA, they have employee's who are simply not allowed to make a decision and are often just lazy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.