Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Luggage Lion Air Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Lost Luggage Lion Air Indonesia

About 3 weeks ago in Sorong Indonesia I had to pay a $50 overweight fee for my bag to be loaded on the plane to Manado. The bag was never loaded on the plane.

I have been trading emails with a Zana at [email protected]. She believes they have found the bag but it is on the Cargo side to be shipped to me. But that is all the info I can get.

Has anyone had an experience with an Indonesian airline regarding lost luggage? Will I ever see it again?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk, and good luck with your luggage. I am moving this post to the Other Asian, Australia and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs, in hopes of getting your question in front of folks who have flown the airline.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

To give an update. I did get my bag back Last week. There were a few things missing but got the Majority of my Scuba gear back.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 7:01 pm

Other than your luggage problem, how was your flight experience with Lion Air?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Besides paying a $50 overweight fee for the luggage they did not put on the plane in Sorong and on another flight they handed me lunch and a water....then came back around and charged me for it...It was OK
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:14 am

Wings Air lost my l.u.ggage during the fl.ig.ht IW 1831 from La.bua.n Bajo to Denpasa.r Ba.li on the 14th A.pril .2017.
I completed the Prop..erty Irregularity Re.p.ort at the airport,. b.ut I do not have a.ny .news.

I called several time.s to the different ai.rports but they canno.t answer me.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to. loose a luggage in a. direct flight and NO.T TO HAVE ANY NEWS AB.OUT! It means that Li.onair does not have a.ny tracing for the bo.arded luggages?!!

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 18, 2017 at 6:30 am Reason: Removed personal info
Old May 23, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: *Au, SPG Au, Amex Pt, Historically UA, *Alliance
I booked on IW 1917 from SOC-SUB for a 50 min flight as part of our upcoming trip to Indonesia. Wanted to see what people thought of Wings Air for single short hops. How does it compare to the train (~4hrs)? Thanks.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
LionAir lost my bag last year on my way from Pekanbaru to Denpasar (via Jakarta). Luckily I did got my bag back a day later by picking it up from the airport personally. In short, their ground staff in DPS was the most useless bunch of people I've seen in my life. Spent 2 hours dealing with them, false promises were made from their side and finally I just went back the next morning to inquire if my bag has been found. Luckily it was as I was flying to Europe on the same afternoon.

It's good to be aware that LionAir doesn't provide any type of compensation for delayed or complete lost baggage. I've taken LionAir quite a few times mostly without major hickups. Nearly all the flights have been at least slightly delayed and I don't think we ever pulled to the gate (always a bus transfer). Well, sometimes we actually parked by the gate, but the aerobridge was not connected and you needed to take the stairs down to the tarmac and then up again to the terminal. Not actively avoiding them, but never my first choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.