Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Award ticket LAX-ICN-NRT-PVG; NRT-PVG on CA forces paper ticket??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

I'm confused, and tried to figure this out with both the BD agent, the CA agent and FT search. Why is this segment, which is going to be issued on BD stock, have to be paper? Besides the whole transition to e-ticketing, wouldn't it be BD's rules for e-ticketing apply? According to the BD and CA agents, they have e-ticketing capabilities between them.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Who knows. I recently got a QF award from their hub to another OW hub (simple nonstop round trip) that required a paper ticket. No one could make sense of that one either.

Its one reason I'm sceptical that IATA will achieve its goal of 100% eticketing by 1 June 2008. (Another are the many destinations not yet supporting eticketing.)
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I ended up issuing just a straight LAX-ICN oneway, so an eticket was issued. Bought a separate ICN-PVG in C from the OZ website, and it was also issued as an eticket. Oh well
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:20 am

I guessed CA cannot resolve the problem how to check the award eticket if it had be used,so it used the traditional paper ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.