Shanghai Airlines Business Class

Old May 21, 2007, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Shanghai Airlines Business Class

I have the choice of various airlines from SGN to PVG. The only airline with a nonstop is FM.
Does anybody have experiences with their C class on a B737-800?
Old May 21, 2007, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tim2008
I have the choice of various airlines from SGN to PVG. The only airline with a nonstop is FM.
Does anybody have experiences with their C class on a B737-800?
While the service is certainly more elaborate than UA, the experience is pretty much exactly what you'd expect F to be on a 737.... IMO worth a ~25% premium over whatever coach costs, but not much more.
Old May 21, 2007, 6:56 pm

Generally while in China... narrowbody front cabin = think domestic F with better service, fewer upgraders, reasonable fares.
Old May 21, 2007, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by B-HQC
Generally while in China... narrowbody front cabin = think domestic F with better service, fewer upgraders, reasonable fares.
I've recently gotten in the habit about asking for upgrades (on all Chinese airlines). I previously didn't do this because I was under the impression that one always needed to pay the diference between his fare and F, which can be substantial. However, I've since discovered that the applicable number is frequently much less (I'm not sure whether this money goes to the airline or the ticket agent's pocket, but the result is ok with me).
Old May 22, 2007, 2:21 am
Original Poster

The timing of the flight is very inconvenient as it leaves at 1.30 am and arrives at 6.20 but as it is the only nonstop I think I will give them a try.
Y is no option as my company´s travel policy allows C/F on all flights outside Europe even HKG-CAN

Last edited by Tim2008; May 22, 2007 at 8:53 am
Old May 24, 2007, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A gift

I flew with them from CAN to SHA in first class and received a belt as a thank you present. Very smooth looking one at that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.