DPS-AMI Options ?

Old May 6, 2007, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
DPS-AMI Options ?

We are looking at heading over to Lombok for a few days when in Bali in July. I am trying to find/book a return flight between the two with little luck. I have found Lion Air, but the website doesn't actually let you book (hasn't for well over a month ??).

Does anyone have experience on this route that they can share ?

Thanks

CC
Old May 6, 2007, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've always had to make all Lion Air reservations at a travel agent. Many Bali travel agents will do it at no extra cost, including delivery to your hotel. I use Air Asia for a lot of Asian trips, but they don't seem to fly direct to your city from DPS.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:58 am
Suspended

actually its much easier you book yourself at the aiport due to the huge rip off agents who will be only to glad to organisea ticket for you, also make sure you use the lounge its pretty nice and you can pay to go in if you dont have status
Old May 7, 2007, 6:15 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Merpati seems to fly it as well - F28/732 equipment. Found these at OAG.

8:00 AM DPS
8:30 AM AMI
MNA 6602 00:30

1:00 PM DPS
1:30 PM AMI
MNA 6608 00:30

5:35 PM DPS
6:05 PM AMI
MNA 6620 00:30
Old May 7, 2007, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
LH747FTL - Thanks for the tip ^

I had a quick look at their website - it does not look like it has been updated since 2004

Have you had experience flying with these guys (or Lion Air) ?

I normally book my flights months in advance, but it seems like a few days in advance here is more the norm (given online systems don't work).
Old May 7, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
Lion or Merpati. As others have said either must be booked as paper tickets through an agent. The only on-line agent I have ever got to respond in Indonesia is http://www.travelindo.com/ The forms on their web site don't work so don't waste your time with that but they respond to e-mail. I have successfully purchased tickets from them without hassle but you must fax a copy of your CC and passport or e-mail a scan, so do so at your own risk. It's almost always easiest to just wait until you get there. I have been burned once when a flight I really needed was sold out but usually flights in Indonesia are not hard to buy last minute.

Lion has glossy multilingual “prayer cards” in the seat back pocket with prayers in Islam, Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, and Buddhism (no Jewish prayer for some reason) essentially offering prayers in your chosen language and religion that the plane won’t crash. They tend to fly oollllllllddddd MD-80’s. It says “please do not remove card from aircraft but it was just to good not to keep one for a souvenir.

Merpati still allows smoking on their flights so if you are a smoker, ask for a smoking seat and light up.

Probably neither will crash on any given flight.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:46 pm

You could always take a ferry ride between the 2 islands... Might be more fun!
Old May 7, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by USDHS1984
Lion has glossy multilingual “prayer cards” in the seat back pocket with prayers in Islam, Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, and Buddhism (no Jewish prayer for some reason) essentially offering prayers in your chosen language and religion that the plane won’t crash
Ah, so you're flying on a wing and a prayer then. Just might be safer to fly DPS-CGK-AMI, won't add more than a couple of hours to your trip.
Old May 8, 2007, 1:38 am
Suspended

ferry ride !!!! not unless you see how many times these things break down or have incidents, also bear in mind the garbage dumping that goes on in the sea between Lombok and Bali !!! nice if you like looking at underwater garbage dumps
Old May 8, 2007, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

USDHS1984 - thanks for the tip

I think I will wait until arriving in Bali to book the flight to Lombok. When in Rome...

Now I just need to see if I prefer smoking...or praying...both seem favorable to the potential "experiences" that the Ferry ride offers.

CC
Old May 10, 2007, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Good luck, by the way can I highly reccomend you take nose drops and ear drops for after you have been in the sea, better to be sfae than sorry, I saw lots of people with eye and nose problems after being in the sea
Old May 11, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Government owned MZ should be better than Lion, Lion is the absolutely worst airline I have flown in Indonesia and I have flown many.

Having said that, MZ flies 737-200 and F28, retro experience to say the least.
Old May 11, 2007, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Merpati it is...

I will take "Retro" over Lion, based on your recco here - Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.