Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines (LCC Carrier from HKG) MASTER THREAD!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines (LCC Carrier from HKG) MASTER THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:06 am

Programs: KE Skypass, CX Asia Miles, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Chris Blunt
I've noticed that Oasis have quietly changed their advertising recently, and now talk about 50-60" seat pitch in business class instead of the straight 60" they previously claimed. Does this mean that some J-class seats are configured as 50" and others 60" in the same aircraft?

I'm flying HKG-LGW with them later in the year and would like to reserve the better seat if I can identify which ones to go for.

Chris
Well, what they mean is that the ex-SQ aircrafts have J class seats that are configured as 60" while the ex-ANA aircrafts have J class seats that are 50"
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:02 am

Programs: CX MPC
Originally Posted by KE7172
Well, what they mean is that the ex-SQ aircrafts have J class seats that are configured as 60" while the ex-ANA aircrafts have J class seats that are 50"
Thanks for the information. Could I assume that the ex-SQ aircraft will be used on the LGW route while the ex-ANA aircraft will operate to YVR, or would Oasis be likely to use either type on either route?

Chris
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold

I'm flying HKG-LGW with them later in the year and would like to reserve the better seat if I can identify which ones to go for.

Chris
Chris

On the Alpha & Bravo (ex-SQ) aircraft 18A & 18K would be my seats of choice in J.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:41 am

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
Thanks for the information. Could I assume that the ex-SQ aircraft will be used on the LGW route while the ex-ANA aircraft will operate to YVR, or would Oasis be likely to use either type on either route?

Chris
Chris

The aircraft rotate.

The Plane that flies HKG-LGW on Monday then flies HKG-YVR on Tuesday, while the plane that flies HKG-YVR on Monday then flies HKG-LGW on Tuesday , with one spare rotate in as needed. The schedule is neatly timed to rotate the aircraft between routes departing from HKG.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:14 pm

Programs: CX MPC
Originally Posted by sefrischling
Chris

The aircraft rotate.

The Plane that flies HKG-LGW on Monday then flies HKG-YVR on Tuesday, while the plane that flies HKG-YVR on Monday then flies HKG-LGW on Tuesday , with one spare rotate in as needed. The schedule is neatly timed to rotate the aircraft between routes departing from HKG.
Thanks for that. Seems like its too difficult to predict which aircraft type I'll end up on for a flight in mid-December. I'll just stick with my upper-deck exit-row seat 14K for the time being.

Chris
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by theworld
Just flew oasis this weekend on business class (HKG-LGW).

For the price, I was very impressed. Will try and get a full trip report sorted when I'm less tired.

One thing of note, in the inflight magazine they showed Oasis's present and planned routes. Its showed SFO, but no Oakland.

Have finally got round to writing a trip report. Can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...59#post8110459
My return journey is now posted on the same thread.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by KE7172
On the Oasis website the pics for the biz class seats for YVR and LGW are actually different (if you click on the 2for1 offer links).

I suspect that is the case is that for YVR the 60 inch pitch is for the old ANA F and the 50 inch pitch is for the old ANA J.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:35 am

You can see a fairly accurate view of the interior of O8's business class, from an ex-SQ 744 here:

http://stevenfrischling.com/weddings/Oasis_Hong_Kong/20070802_Oasis_6065_72.jpg

I shot it from the nose looking back into the seats (rather from the back of the seats looking forward) on the main deck level
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:37 am

Question

I see lots of good comments with regards to the Biz class product, has anyone travelled economy with them and if so, and comments/pics?

I saw they have 32" pitch.. KLM (and several other non-LCC!!) have 31"!! And they are a poopload more expensive.

Also, does anyone know about their timeframe with regards to their expansion into Cologne/Bonn? Or perhaps Dusseldorf?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by festis21
I see lots of good comments with regards to the Biz class product, has anyone travelled economy with them and if so, and comments/pics?

I saw they have 32" pitch.. KLM (and several other non-LCC!!) have 31"!! And they are a poopload more expensive.

Also, does anyone know about their timeframe with regards to their expansion into Cologne/Bonn? Or perhaps Dusseldorf?
My folks and several of my friends have travelled with them in econ and no real complaints.

They said the staff were good, the food was OK, the IFE was as good as expected and in general the service good. They said the seat pitch was fine and better than with BA, etc.

In terms of price if you get a good deal they are cheaper than the other carriers.

Future plans to Europe? Don't know. I suspect they are concentrating on SFO first before they look at other destinations.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:51 am

new flights to LGW

Seems Oasis are adding 3 new flights a week to London. The says will be Wed, Fri, Sun.

The flight number will be O8 714. Can't seem to find flight times or LGW-HKG details yet.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by noseconeflyer
plus they are giving away 3000 free seats hkg lgw
well not quite. you need to book a flight on the new flight time and then you get put into a draw.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, CX Asia Miles, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by theworld
Seems Oasis are adding 3 new flights a week to London. The says will be Wed, Fri, Sun.

The flight number will be O8 714. Can't seem to find flight times or LGW-HKG details yet.
The flight schedule: (posted on Oasis' website)

starting from Dec 16th,
O8714 HKG-LGW 1330 1850 Wed Fri Sun
O8715 LGW-HKG 2120 1650+1 Wed Fri Sun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.