Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Air

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

China Air

We are flying to Osaka and I found a good price on China air business calss but dont know anything about the airline. Any advise would be appreciated
Old Jan 12, 2007, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
advise would be easier to give if you were just a little bit more specific about yur route, the actual airline and what class you are flying, so go on give us a clue
Old Jan 12, 2007, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

as I said it is China Airlines, business class. Lax to Osaka.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Steve is a seasoned traveller and frequent poster so he wanted to know the exact route since your routing is unusual.

So, you are going LAX-TPE-KIX or LAX-(DL Codeshare)-HNL-CI-NRT-something else-KIX?

If you look in this forum for past postings, you will see many references to China Airlines.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 6:32 pm

Programs: Skyteam/Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred
One more thing: China Airlines (CI) is the national "flag" carrier of Taiwan, and has as much to do with China as American Airlines has to do with the U.K. Well, even less since China Airlines doesn't even fly to mainland China.
Air China is the national airline of the People's Republic of China.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

thanks-I guess I misunderstood his request. We are flying LAX-Tpe-KIX and returning HKG-TPE-LAX. Since I am new to this please forgive the repeat question I will search for old posts
Old Jan 14, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by praymer
thanks-I guess I misunderstood his request. We are flying LAX-Tpe-KIX and returning HKG-TPE-LAX. Since I am new to this please forgive the repeat question I will search for old posts
Let me read this right. You are going LA USA to Taipei Taiwan to Osaka Japan and then coming back from Hong Kong to Taipei Taiwan and finally back to LA USA.

How are you getting from Osaka, Japan to Hong Kong?

Or did I misread your itineary?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
CI uses only its B738 on the TPE-OKA (Okinawa) and TPE-SPK (Sapporo) runs. A333, which has the new upgraded business class seats, is used on TPE-KIX (Osaka Kansai) and TPE-NGO (Nagoya). For NRT, a combination of B744 and A343 are used.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

We are taking a cruise from Osaka to Hong Kong then flying home after spending a few days in Hong Kong thanks
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by bikemaninasia
I have flown twice last year on a 737 t NRT

The airbus they use does have the new style biz class seats on but they are not same pitch as long haul and dont recline as much as they are pod style
On a 737 to NRT? That must've been hard. Was it a light load? I have a hard time flying in a 737 between TPE-OKA already.

BTW, CI also uses the B738 on TPE-HIJ (Hiroshima), and the A333 on TPE-FUK (Fukuoka). The new A333 has the new style biz seats. The A343 doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.