FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Free Hotel Night Stop Services with Sri Lankan Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/638374-free-hotel-night-stop-services-sri-lankan-airlines.html)

Inquirer Dec 21, 2006 2:04 am

Free Hotel Night Stop Services with Sri Lankan Airlines

Has anyone get the free night of hotel from Sri Lankan Airlines, while transferring through Colombo for connections longer than 8 hours? I would like to find out which hotels do they use.

Any help would be great!

candadep Dec 21, 2006 10:14 pm

I flew BLR-CMB-KUL some time back in J. They offered me overnight stay at the Taj Airport Garden Hotel pretty close to the airport. It included transfers to the hotel and back.

Cheers!

Inquirer Dec 22, 2006 2:04 am

Originally Posted by candadep (Post 6888139)
I flew BLR-CMB-KUL some time back in J. They offered me overnight stay at the Taj Airport Garden Hotel pretty close to the airport. It included transfers to the hotel and back.

Cheers!

So many thanks for your response. In their website, they also said that meal voucher are included. Is that true? Has anyone experienced this generosity?

Thanks.

Guy Betsy Dec 22, 2006 6:19 pm

Yes . Airlines that put you up because you can't connect onto a flight to your destination, would include at least the required main meals that you are staying over.. ie at least breakfast, sometimes dinner the night before.

chuck1 Dec 26, 2006 5:53 pm

When I took advantage of this service, I assumed it would be the Taj Garden Hotel as well.

Upon arrival at the UL Nightstop desk, I was informed the Taj Garden was fully booked and they would be sending me in their car (round-trip) to the Taj in the center of Colombo.

It was a nice hotel and I did get meal vouchers.

The only problem was it was quite a long drive.

I've asked before if they have the ability to pre-book rooms but it seems you just go to the desk and take your chances.

If the procedure has changed, please let me know.

Mogensen Dec 30, 2006 1:02 pm

I'm on BKK-LHR in business class in a couple of weeks. The connecting flight to LHR was full so was offered a nightstop in CMB. Their people at the London office said that I should expect staying at the Taj Garden and hope that this is what will happen. Will try giving them a call next week to find out which hotel they have put me in for the night. I was also offered a chauffer drive from LHR, quite generous and very convinient as I am heading to STN for a connecting flight onwards to Denmark.

Mogensen Jan 2, 2007 1:35 pm

I got their reply today. They have booked a room for the STPC at the Taj Airport Garden Hotel. This hotel is a quick 15 minute drive from the airport.

bosbiz Jul 3, 2010 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Inquirer (Post 6882891)
Has anyone get the free night of hotel from Sri Lankan Airlines, while transferring through Colombo for connections longer than 8 hours? I would like to find out which hotels do they use.

Any help would be great!

Realize this is an old thread, but for a 9 hour lay over (coming from BKK, onwards to TRV), they put me up at Hotel Paradise Holiday. Since I arrived well after dark, and left at 4 AM, not sure if it was the Hotel Beach Paradise, which is highly rated. I doubt it, or I was put up in a room that wasn't very nice.

The A/C didn't work (too tired/late to call to get it fixed), windows didn't have netting so couldn't open it, shower was a small curtained off area etc. However, it was free. Biggest pain was that they insisted on picking me up 3 hours in advance when I had an ongoing ticket printed and could have been there 1 hour in advance.

No breakfast coupon given the odd hour of transit.

WonTonMin Jul 3, 2010 12:31 pm

Crummy hotel room for BKK-CMB-TRV stopover

I had a similar experience with my free overnight in CMB last month. The last time I did this flight (in 2007) Sri Lankan put me up in the Taj Garden, which is about a 15 minute drive from the airport. But this time they herded us into a crummy little hotel called the Sea Breeze. It was horrid--the doors didn't lock, the shower had no hot water, no room services and only a cup of tea with soggy biscuits for breakfast.

What's more, the Sea Breeze is more than 45 minutes from the hotel, and they insisted on a pickup 3 hours before the flight. I might as well have stayed in the airport.

Next time, if they offer me a room at the Sea Breeze, or any other hotel besides the Taj Garden, I'm going to refuse, and stay the night at the airport.

orbitmic Jun 4, 2015 1:06 am

Is there any update on which hotel UL uses for overnight stopovers? Many thanks!!

VH-RMD Nov 18, 2015 7:44 am

I am being put up in the Galadari for a 13 hour day stop over.

I emailed them about how to book a room at the transit hotel, they came back and asked for my PNR and ticket number and then told me they are putting me up!

Not sure what happens about a visa - I don't have one.

jagmeets Nov 18, 2015 8:22 am

Free Hotel Night Stop Services with Sri Lankan Airlines

Get a transit visa online- it's free and would at worst have taken up the 2mins it takes to apply online..at best, it might save a few mins queuing up at the VoA counter (not sure if those looking for transit visas need to).

PS: The Galadari is supposedly a nice hotel! (Never stayed there though)

VH-RMD Nov 20, 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 25733877)
Get a transit visa online- it's free and would at worst have taken up the 2mins it takes to apply online..at best, it might save a few mins queuing up at the VoA counter (not sure if those looking for transit visas need to).

PS: The Galadari is supposedly a nice hotel! (Never stayed there though)

Thanks, they said they would arrange it but I have taken your advice and applied for one on-line.

Vikx Dec 11, 2015 8:33 am

Hotel and Other Accomodations

Hi friends.,,
I want to know that free hotel facility and other accomodations can avail economy class passengers

Guy Betsy Dec 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Vikx (Post 25848882)
Hi friends.,,
I want to know that free hotel facility and other accomodations can avail economy class passengers

Depends on how long your transit is. I think for economy class passengers its 12 hours, then you get a hotel.

If there is an earlier flight and you choose to take a later flight, then you will not get the hotel.

What is your routing?