Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Free Hotel Night Stop Services with Sri Lankan Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Hotel Night Stop Services with Sri Lankan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cucumberjump
Hello everyone,
My dad is on a flight operated by Mihin Lanka (MJ) (Code shared with Sri Lanka Airline) from SIN-CMB-LHE.

His stopover in CMB was for 03:40 hours. But it is being delayed (right now) for 04:25 hours. This means his stopover is now over 8 hours. Does anyone know if the airline would show the courtesy of providing accommodation for rest? Especially in this case when his stopover is more than 8 hours only due to the unexpected delay.

Thanks!
Since Mihin Lanka is considered a no-frills carrier, not too sure they'd sort out any accomodation. At the most, i'd expect a meals or drink voucher to be redeemed at the Palmshore restaurant. Have seen passengers from delayed flights normally head there with their complementary meal vouchers.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Any recent experiences? Have a couple of long layovers coming up in cmb and atleast one of them qualifies for the stpc!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
It's better to get it sorted out before you fly. Then you may be able to find out which hotel you are getting.
Since they have the highway it's quicker to get to Colombo city. Though once you reach Colombo you may get the traffic. It's boring at Jetwing in Negumbo. If it's just over 8 hours it's ok but if you get an evening it's better to go to Colombo. I have always asked before I travel and depending on the class you can get a good hotel in the city.
UL has just had a change in management and I have not flown after that so things may have changed.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
After much back and forth on what qualified as a stpc i was booked into Tamarind Tree Bungalows. Tremendous potential but not run well, lucky was only a short overnight layover. The dinner was soso in a small room adjacent to the main restaurant which was hosting a UL Xmas party.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: most
Hi all, two return trips with UL Australia to Europe via Colombo coming up - is there any post COVID updates re the complimentary stopover accommodation ( and meal vouchers?) 14 and 19 hour layovers - thanks in advance
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Just as a data point, got denied a hotel stay for a C ticket with nine hour layover because it was booked on an AA ticket (award).
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:40 am

Programs: most
dead post - update and historical - Got the Airport Garden in Jan 2017 and have the Vivanta By Taj - Katunayake March 2023 (D) have voucher but was intersted in other travellers experiences ( longer layovers comming June (D)
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:54 pm

Programs: Life
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Just as a data point, got denied a hotel stay for a C ticket with nine hour layover because it was booked on an AA ticket (award).
Your ticket didnt qualify. The conditions as below:
  1. Passengers should arrive on a SriLankan Airlines flight and transit in Colombo for over 8 hours and up to 24 hours, and should connect to another SriLankan Airlines flight.
  2. Hotel Accommodation shall be provided for the immediate connection only.
  3. Passengers should hold a SriLankan Airlines through ticket under a single booking reference to be eligible for this facility. Eg: - Passengers holding two separate tickets for Dubai to Colombo and Colombo to Chennai will not be entitled to this service.
  4. To avail this offer, minimum ticket fare (Fare+ YQ) must be USD 375 to avail CPS on one direction and the ticket fare (Fare + YQ) must be more than USD 750 to avail CPS on both directions for those who transit between 8-12 hours and between 12-24 hours the minimum ticket fare (Fare+ YQ) must be USD 390 to avail CPS on one direction and the ticket fare (Fare + YQ) must be more than USD 780 to avail CPS on both directions.
  5. Transit accommodation is provided at the discretion of SriLankan Airlines.
https://www.srilankan.com/Zh_cn/plan...-accommodation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.