Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight at Taipei CKS airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
AH SO!!!!

So its not just me. Phew.

although I really would have like to have it.

There is a beef noodle shop in T2, but I havent tried it yet.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:01 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
I also just got back from TPE, and searched for this ever elusive noodle soup, twice. Once going to Manila and then returning from Manila. No such luck. There is one by C-4 but it is just a regular restaurant. It also charges an arm and a leg for a latte (US $5.00).
But, for what its worth, if ever in Manila, order the Mami soup. It is out of this world if you are a noodle soup lover. Had it for breakfast by accident and never stopped ordering it. Served in most restaurants, both Chinese and Filipino.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Its now 9pm and I am swearing I will never touch booze again, I think the cost to CI was more than I paid for my ticket.

OOOOPs just wiped my origional post and cant remember what I wrote

Last edited by Steve Fenton; Nov 10, 2005 at 6:09 am
Old Nov 10, 2005, 2:57 am

chefdg1 hangs his head in shame

I can't believe this. Steve Fenton was my last hope. I'm sure I didn't hallucinate the place. I ate there a half dozen times. I'll just have to wait until I'm in TPE again to re-live the dream.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Will be going to Taiwan soon and want to do a side-trip to Hong Kong.

I am thinking of booking the returing flight from HKG on the date of leaving TPE so I will just leave from HKG connecting at TPE for my returning flights.

If I do it this way, do I need to clear immigrations and customs for check-in? If yes, how much time do I need to have for my connection?

Also, is Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific in the same terminal?

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC/BR/CX
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Will be going to Taiwan soon and want to do a side-trip to Hong Kong.

I am thinking of booking the returing flight from HKG on the date of leaving TPE so I will just leave from HKG connecting at TPE for my returning flights.

If I do it this way, do I need to clear immigrations and customs for check-in? If yes, how much time do I need to have for my connection?

Also, is Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific in the same terminal?

Thanks for the help!
1. You don't have to clear immigration and customs if you have your bags tagged to your final destination at HKG. However, you still have to pay the NT$300 airport tax (included in your ticket).

2. Give yourself more than 1.5+ hours for connection since you are travelling on two separted tickets/itinerary.

3. Cathay Pacific is in T1 and Dragon Air is in T2.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by TaiwanAir
1. You don't have to clear immigration and customs if you have your bags tagged to your final destination at HKG. However, you still have to pay the NT$300 airport tax (included in your ticket).

2. Give yourself more than 1.5+ hours for connection since you are travelling on two separted tickets/itinerary.

3. Cathay Pacific is in T1 and Dragon Air is in T2.
Thank you very much, TaiwanAir.

Do you have any advice where I can book cheap ticket for TPE-HKG?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
lots of agencies.

www.eztravel.com.tw

are u flexible in flight times? if u take the late night cargo flights u can get RT for about 200 - 225USD
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:54 am

Programs: AC/BR/CX

You are very welcome

When are you planned to go to HKG via TPE? If you are going to do that before Dec. 3, you can get it for NT$5000 (US$150) +taxes from EVA AIR [Book before Nov.22, travel before Dec. 3 at www.evaair.com] (Not sure if you can read Chinese, but I couldn't find an English version of the discount at evaair.com).

And chichow is right, you can always get discount airfares from Taiwan's online travel agencies such as the one he mentioned or http://www.ezfly.com or http://www.liontravel.com, just to name a few.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by TaiwanAir
You are very welcome

When are you planned to go to HKG via TPE? If you are going to do that before Dec. 3, you can get it for NT$5000 (US$150) +taxes from EVA AIR [Book before Nov.22, travel before Dec. 3 at www.evaair.com] (Not sure if you can read Chinese, but I couldn't find an English version of the discount at evaair.com).

And chichow is right, you can always get discount airfares from Taiwan's online travel agencies such as the one he mentioned or http://www.ezfly.com or http://www.liontravel.com, just to name a few.
Thanks again, chichow and TaiwanAir. My travel date to HKG will be in January. I will check out these websites. ^
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:33 pm
Suspended

on line with CI I only paid about $4200 NT last week for same day return
or call Victor on 0922936614 ( taichung )
Old Nov 15, 2005, 6:34 am

my ticket purchases have always been within one week of travel, plus i am more specific on my flight times. If you have more flexibility and can plan ahead a bit then yes you can get better prices
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:30 pm
Suspended

I booked mine about 24 hrs before flying the price is always the same as advanced booking
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
on line with CI I only paid about $4200 NT last week for same day return
or call Victor on 0922936614 ( taichung )
Thanks for the info. $4200 all in with taxes?
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:59 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
So it's between the CI lounge and the smoking lounge on the other side? Then I know which one you're talking about.. saw it usually quite empty, the noodle bar.

Originally Posted by chefdg1
chichow - you 're getting close. When you go up the small stairs on the right (or the small elevator) you end up facing a narrow corridor with the lounges on the right. Past the cardboard cutouts is a noodle centric cafeteria. You've found it. If it's still there. I haven't been in TPE since last December.

9V-JKL - my restaurant is in Jackson Hole. I consult on many other projects which take me travelling frequently. I'm now working on a place in VN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.