Air Tahiti (VT) Pricing & Ticketing

Old Jan 1, 05, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Air Tahiti (VT) Pricing & Ticketing

I was checking out flight schedules for PPT-BOB and decided to price flights on Travelocity. Lo and behold, tickets that should be pricing at ~ US$350 were showing up at US$37. So I went to buy as quickly as I could.

I went through the whole process and on the last page got an error message that a link to my credit card company couldn't be established. I could either 'provide another credit card' or 'hold the reservation to be ticketed by travelocity manually later, with the fare not guaranteed'.

Certainly not going to try that SECOND option!

So I tried another card. Same message.

And another card. Same message.

And then I called travelocity, went through and made a new booking, price was $12 higher but fully refundable and changeable!

Sounds great to me. Gave credit card details. Same message. New credit card, same message.

Put on hold for help desk, told that Air Tahiti is a self-validating carrier and Travelocity can't issue tickets, just display fares.

and mostly..

So the deal I actually needed but couldn't get.
Old Jan 4, 05, 12:36 am

Gleff,

Do let me know if this works out cause i've just bought 2 "bora bora airpasses" PPT-MOZ-BOB-PPT for 33,000 XPF each (naturally they're refundable).

But i wouldn't mind taking a nice saving! ^
Old Jan 4, 05, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Sorry, no -- Travelocity called me, didn't issue the tickets, offered to sell me the flights @ $370 each...
Old Jan 4, 05, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Sorry, no -- Travelocity called me, didn't issue the tickets, offered to sell me the flights @ $370 each...

Sounds suspiciously close to the price i paid after you convert it

Search this Thread
Search Engine: