Manila Terminal 2 Lounge

Old Sep 10, 22, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Manila Terminal 2 Lounge

I have a 5 hour layover in Manila. Flying PAL Business to Manila and then Economy to Bohol all on the same booking/ticket. Need to clear customs and catch the domestic flight with baggage recheck. Should still have a few hours to kill. What is the best lounge in Terminal 2? I also have Amex Platinum. Thank you
Old Sep 10, 22, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Unfortunately this thread mixes in all the MNL NAIA terminals, not just Terminal 2.

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

At least you should not be "trapped" in Terminal 2, as you have a domestic (Philippine) destination.

Can passengers with a layover in Manila leave the airport?
btscott likes this.
Old Sep 10, 22, 11:17 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
The only lounge in T2 you will have access to is the Philippine Airlines domestic lounge. Unfortunately it is very very poor lounge so do not expect much.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 11, 22, 9:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
You can get a transfer bus to T3 where there are more eateries, and then the transfer bus back to T2.

T2 is my least favourite of all the Ts.
Old Sep 11, 22, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

I also have Priority Pass with Amex Card. Since I will be clearing customs in Manila, I should be able to leave the airport and transfer between Terminals. How easy it it to move between terminals? Which lounge is better with the Priority Pass?? And can I gain access to a lounge in a different terminal that is inside security??? Thanks for the help. Since we are flying business class, we should be well rested. However, would be nice to find someplace low key and maybe have a shower.
Old Sep 11, 22, 9:50 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
You can not use the airside lounges in any of the other terminals. There is the Wings transit lounge landside in Terminal 3 (You will need to check if it is still open as a lot of places have closed) It is not easy moving between terminals at Manila as they all spread out. There is a bus that goes between the terminals but it is not very reliable, So it is probably easiest to get a taxi or use the Grab app.

Whether it would be worth doing it I am not sure. It should only take 10 to 15 minutes by taxi between T2 and T3 but Manila traffic can be terrible you can also have a long wait for a taxi.
Old Sep 13, 22, 11:25 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
You can not use the airside lounges in any of the other terminals. There is the Wings transit lounge landside in Terminal 3 (You will need to check if it is still open as a lot of places have closed) It is not easy moving between terminals at Manila as they all spread out. There is a bus that goes between the terminals but it is not very reliable, So it is probably easiest to get a taxi or use the Grab app.

Whether it would be worth doing it I am not sure. It should only take 10 to 15 minutes by taxi between T2 and T3 but Manila traffic can be terrible you can also have a long wait for a taxi.
If your International flight and Domestic flight are both on PAL, there is a PAL-only bus that can be taken between the terminals, and is supposedly more reliable/easier to access.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I will stay in Terminal 2 and try and use PAL Business class lounge as it looks like PAGSS is only in Terminal 1 and 3. Flying ANA points on PAL. Business class PR105 to Manila and then economy on PR2773 to Bohol. PR2773 has no business class, only economy. Hopefully they will let us in the lounge.

One other question, is there an ATM available at Terminal 2? I have reviewed the airport website and Google searched, but found nothing concrete or very old postings. Thanks again.
Old Sep 21, 22, 10:04 pm

There is an ATM but its a hit and miss if it will work or not. Its close to where PAL Mabuhay lounge is located.
SPN Lifer and btscott like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 4:27 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Arroz Caldo at PAL Lounge is very decent
vincewy likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoshEvangelista View Post
There is an ATM but its a hit and miss if it will work or not. Its close to where PAL Mabuhay lounge is located.
Thanks! Which lounge, international or domestic?
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:09 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
I haven't been to a lounge in T2, but the ones in T3 are meh. Arroz caldo, bite-sized sandwiches, and typical Asian fare. Give yourself plenty of time to transfer to T3. Last time I was there, it took us almost an hour to get into T3. The curbside security area is just utter chaos.
Old Sep 24, 22, 5:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
There used to be, and assume still is, a transfer service (free) between the terminals. I used it a lot from T3-T1 back in the day - and it goes airside (so plane side) for some of it and on the roads for the rest. My bus from the province would drop at T3 while my flight was usually T1 - hence how I eventually found it.

You would have to ask about it when you arrive as I cannot remember all the drop/pickup points. In T3 it is inside the terminal and T1 and T2 I think - outside and T4 on the tarmac.

Search this Thread