Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Air - My Bubble Seat

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Fiji Air - My Bubble Seat

I have a NAN-SFO RT coming up next week and I noticed the Bubble Seat option My Bubble Seat | Fiji Airways
However when I submit my PNR and last name, nothing comes up on the page. I called and was told it could be a system glitch and to try again later, try different browsers, etc.

Has anyone tried out this option and was it worth it? How much did you pay?
Old May 15, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by pigzilla
I have a NAN-SFO RT coming up next week and I noticed the Bubble Seat option My Bubble Seat | Fiji Airways
However when I submit my PNR and last name, nothing comes up on the page. I called and was told it could be a system glitch and to try again later, try different browsers, etc.

Is your flight in 72 hours? It says 72-4 hours before flight. It also says ticket has to start with 260. Is your ticket issued as such?
Old May 15, 2022, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pigzilla

From the FAQ - any of these ticket types are excluded:

• Tickets purchased using rewards, redemption tickets, free tickets, ID discounts, AD discounts and infant tickets are not eligible to participate in My Bubble. You are also not eligible if you are part of a group booking.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Yes my flight is within 72 hours and it is a paid ticket. The bubble seat options are showing up now, interestingly enough, only after I checked in online for my connecting flight (48 hours prior). For anyone who is interested they charge $204 per bubble seat (for NAN-SFO) and you can choose up to 2 additional (bubble) seats next to you.
estnet likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:35 pm

Interesting concept. But unsure how effective this is in COVID "prevention" as the air in the cabin is obviously recirculated during the flight. Furthermore all passengers over 18 must be vaccinated before travel.

The cynic in me suggests this is no more than a marketing ploy to play on fear and increase revenue on seats that otherwise may fly empty.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Interesting concept. But unsure how effective this is in COVID "prevention" as the air in the cabin is obviously recirculated during the flight. Furthermore all passengers over 18 must be vaccinated before travel.

The cynic in me suggests this is no more than a marketing ploy to play on fear and increase revenue on seats that otherwise may fly empty.
Nevertheless if the seats are in a row of 3 buying 2 would let you have a "lie flat" seat - well worth it for some.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Nevertheless if the seats are in a row of 3 buying 2 would let you have a "lie flat" seat - well worth it for some.
For a child maybe, but I can't imagine the 2 seats will be long enough to fit an adult to lie flat?
Old May 17, 2022, 12:31 am
Original Poster

I just flew economy in Fiji Air for my first flight (AKL - NAN), now in the Fiji Air lounge while I wait for my connection to SFO. While the Bubble Seat concept probably started as a reaction to Covid, now it is marketed as something to give you elbow space and more room. Which is also the reason I was considering it (agree completely with above points re empty seat not helping with virus circulation). I ended up not purchasing it as it was a half empty flight and I had a window seat with nobody next to me. Looking at the seat, I am 5' 8" and I *think* I would be able to lie flat if I had a row of 3 to myself, maybe bending my knees somewhat. However the Fiji Air aircraft is an A330-200 with a 2-4-2 configuration. I selected a aisle seat in an empty middle row, crossing my fingers that I will have the entire row of 4 to myself.

FWIW I asked in the lounge about upgrading to business class for my NAN-SFO connection and the offer was $1,400 USD which I turned down (since I have a halfway decent shot at getting an economy row to myself)
estnet likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
For a child maybe, but I can't imagine the 2 seats will be long enough to fit an adult to lie flat?
I meant buying 2 extra - therefore the whole row of 3.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Ended up flying NAN-SFO in economy with 2 empty seats between me and the pax on the other side of the 4 seat middle row. Was able to curl up across 2 seats (mine and the one next to mine) but not really comfortable except for short naps.

FYI on the return SFO-NAN, the upgrade offer was $1,700. However they were not offering that proactively due to catering issues. If pax is willing to sit in J without any meal service, then the request for a paid upgrade would be kicked up to a supervisor. BTW economy check in at SFO is a mess, advise getting there super early, like 3.5 hours before departure. The line gets long even at 3 hours before departure when the check-in is supposed to open.
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 6:10 pm

Flying SFO-NAN-HIR next week. Offered Bubble seat option. Traveling with spouse and we are last 4 seat row in middle on the plane. Behind us are 3 rows of 3. We each have the aisle seat. Plane doesn't look full... Is it worth the $400 to block the 2 other seats. I'm feeling its unlikely that someone will want to sit in the middle two seats. Would be nice to have extra room to get some sleep though. Decisions, decisions... appreciate your thoughts. Have never flown Fiji Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.