Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines

JetStar - can I board a SIN-HKT flight arriving from Europe?

JetStar - can I board a SIN-HKT flight arriving from Europe?

Old Apr 3, 22, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirCanada881 View Post
Ugh so TK changed the flight to Singapore, we now only have 2 hours & 10 mins to make the connection
On separate tickets you do not have a connection Just one flight ending at an airport and another starting from the same airport.
Hope the TK flight is on time or ahead of time.
You do not have 2:10hr, as the Jetstar flight will close 45 minutes before scheduled departure.(from post 10 above)

The joys of saving money and separate tickets.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 4, 22, 1:57 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
On separate tickets you do not have a connection Just one flight ending at an airport and another starting from the same airport.
Hope the TK flight is on time or ahead of time.
You do not have 2:10hr, as the Jetstar flight will close 45 minutes before scheduled departure.(from post 10 above)

The joys of saving money and separate tickets.
Thanks. I call it a connection since I'm changing flights. Call it what you will

But yes. For some reason SIM-HKT the next day and day after were 5-6 times the price for some reason so decided to chance it. I do have a contingency in case it doesn't work out but hoping for the best.

Thanks for the info re Jetstar closing 45 mins before departure. Is that check-in or boarding that closes at that time?
Old Apr 4, 22, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<snip>
Thanks for the info re Jetstar closing 45 mins before departure. Is that check-in or boarding that closes at that time?
Originally Posted by henrus View Post
<snip>
Jetstar only opens check in 2hrs before departure and closes 45 minutes so if you're really lucky then I'd say you may even have a chance to roam around Jewel. All passports can use departures e-gates (there is never a queue as there's lots) and security is at the gate so I wouldn't expect any queues to go back airside.
Old Apr 8, 22, 1:52 am

Programs: asia miles
currently, such a routing on separate tickets is surelya bad idea. And Jetstar transit desk at Changi was only there if you were departing/ arriving with a few airlines like QF. For routing like yours, you always had to go landside
Old Apr 12, 22, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Sorry, with the insurance I've had no experience.
Any idea whether I can book one insurance policy over 15 days even if I leave the country for a couple days? I will be in Thailand between two Singaproe visits & want to avoid having to buy 2 Singapore policies but rather book one which spans over my entire south asia trip. thanks
Old Apr 13, 22, 5:33 am

Any idea whether I can book one insurance policy over 15 days even if I leave the country for a couple days? I will be in Thailand between two Singaproe visits & want to avoid having to buy 2 Singapore policies but rather book one which spans over my entire south asia trip. thanks
This is sufficient for Singapore. You can have one policy just as long as it covers the time you are in Singapore then it's perfect!
AirCanada881 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 22, 4:14 am
Original Poster

This is sufficient for Singapore. You can have one policy just as long as it covers the time you are in Singapore then it's perfect!
So rules seem to change so quickly is covid insurance still required from 26th April?
Old Apr 24, 22, 3:37 pm

So rules seem to change so quickly is covid insurance still required from 26th April?
Travel insurance is no longer required.
Old Apr 26, 22, 6:23 pm

Just did a transit through Changi this past weekend. We had 5 hours in transit so decided to clear immigration so we could sneak out to the hawker centre at Changi Village for some long overdue Nasi Lemak fixes.

We did all of the pre-paperworks online so the whole process was a breeze at the airport. Hardly anyone clearing through immigration in or out (all counters were empty and officers twiddling their thumbs). Most folks were transiting and staying within the airside. We went out at around 7:30am and came back in around 10am.

So I would say very doable with 2 hour and 10 mins. The only complication was the immigration officer was reluctant to let us out even though we had 5 hours of transit time. He said something along the line that they wouldn't have let us out if it was under 3 hours or something, but I guess that's because for us we had our onward BP and Nasi Lemak was just frivolous (well to him it was but not to me!)
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Last edited by akl_cat; May 13, 22 at 2:22 am
Old Apr 26, 22, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akl_cat View Post
Just did a transit through Changi this past weekend. We had 5 hours in transit so decided to clear immigration so we could sneak out to the hawker centre at Changi Village for some long overdue Nasi Lemak fixes.

We did all of the pre-paperworks online so the whole process was a breeze at the airport. Hardly anyone clearing through immigration in or out (all counters were empty and officers twiddling their thumbs). Most of the people are transiting and staying within the airside. We went out at around 7:30am and came back in around 10am.

So I would say very doable with 2 hour and 10 mins. The only complication was the immigration officer was reluctant to let us out even though we had 5 hours of transit time. He said something along the line that they wouldn't have let us out if it was under 3 hours or something, but I guess that's because for us we had our onward BP and Nasi Lemak was just frivolous (well to him it was but not to me!)
That is very reassuring thank you. I'm actually in flight right now on board TK54 and our flight is going to land early so I'm well relaxed now and about to enjoy some Turkish mezzes

Search this Thread