Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam Airlines Launching San Francisco Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hxhbk
According to Vietnamese news media, the government has authorized the resume of international commercial flights on Jan 1 2022 for the following destinations: Beijing/Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Vientiane, Phnom Penh, San Francisco/Los Angeles.

Vietnam Airlines had their pseudo commercial flights to SFO since late November. Both Vietnam Airlines and Bamboo Airways have been looking at Los Angeles because of the large Vietnamese-American population in Southern California.

At this moment, there are still COVD restrictions, such as 3-day quarantine, for fully vaccinated (including booster) travelers to Vietnam.
is the 3 day quarantine for everyone? I don’t see that anywhere.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
The rules evolve with time, but as far as I know, at this moment it is still 3 days of quarantines for all international vaccinated travelers arriving to Vietnam. Travelers in this category can stay quarantine at their home or hotel of their choice. It used to be either specially approved hotels or quarantine camps.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/...e-4414921.html
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: hahaha
To anyone here who regularly travels to SGN, asked by a fellow VN-FOTSG, would you prefer this VNA route to be SJC-SGN for the connections and utilize the SkyTeam network, instead? I think SJC never formally received hub status from DL...and I suppose so many years were spent into making this SFO route viable.

I won't be picky, just curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Until AS resumes service to YEG or AC restores their YEG-SFO direct, there's little reason for me to visit family via SFO on this cool new flight, but I'm excited for that day to come!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
SJC probably is bypassed in terms of prestige and visibility by SFO. It’s like how ANA flies to SJC and China Airlines flies to Ontario, but each route only happened after ANA to SFO and China Airlines to LAX for many years. Not to mention connecting pax from Asia expecting to fly to SFO and perhaps not knowing about SJC
asovse1 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:06 am

Does anyone have any recent experiences with flying Vietnam Airlines from San Francisco? Is the service good, reliable, etc.? As far as I can tell, the flight from SFO is the only way to get to Saigon nonstop from the U.S.

This would be much preferable to me rather than transiting somewhere like Tokyo, Seoul, etc. but curious if anyone has experience with this flight. Most likely we would fly Business...
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Is it possible for one to book VN98/99 without special consular permission now? What are the fares like these days?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Is it possible for one to book VN98/99 without special consular permission now? What are the fares like these days?
I have noticed Google flights is showing VN flights now from SFO. A side note, they are increasing their flights to 3x per week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.