Any direct flight to Shenzhen from outside China?

Old Oct 5, 20, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
Any direct flight to Shenzhen from outside China?

I would like to go to Shenzhen. Let's assume that I have all the required VISA. It's very likely that I will have to face a 14-day quarantine upon arrival. I would like to be sure that this quarantine is in Shenzhen and not in another city such as Shanghai or Beijing. The special VISA is not clear because it says that you are supposed to comply with the authority of your first port of entry in China.

Except one exception from Shenzhen Airlines for a flight from Tokyo (but it almost looks like a con), all flights to China seem to arrive in Shanghai or Beijing.

Is there any flight going to Shenzhen Ba'oan airport from outside China?

On a more general topic, if anyone has managed to go to Shenzhen from outside China, please share your experience (port of entry, quarantine, and so on...).
Old Oct 7, 20, 10:41 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Gold
[Moderator edit]

Considering the current state of the pandemic, there are very limited options if any.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 7, 20 at 4:25 pm Reason: To edit non-constructive text, per FT Rules.
Old Oct 7, 20, 10:56 am
Original Poster

[Response edited to match edit to since-edited original post.]

First, Google flight doesn't report anything if you put no connection from any city to Shenzhen.

Secondly, to answer my own post, Shenzhen airlines has 4 international weekly flights from and to Shenzhen. Go to Shenzhen airlines website and their latest route is accessible from the main page. I also found one small Japanese company with a flight to Shenzhen but it doesn't seem reliable.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 7, 20 at 4:27 pm Reason: See note above.
Old Oct 7, 20, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think I found some for you, but can't be totally certain.
Using flightradar24 and checking the scheduled arrivals, it seems there is are flights due in today from Delhi, Tehran, Angeles/Clark. They don't appear to be cargo...

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...s/szx/arrivals

I guess these are less than useful but keeping an eye on the schedule of flights can be an option...
Old Oct 8, 20, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for this very good suggestion. Flightradar24 is a very good idea and very useful in this case. Unfortunately, I don't think that you have an advanced search on flightradar24 so I have to parse the list. But I have discovered on that list a couple of other interesting flights.
Old Oct 8, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: asia miles
Originally Posted by lcpteck
[Moderator edit]

Considering the current state of the pandemic, there are very limited options if any.
isn't China off limit to foreigners at the moment?
Old Oct 9, 20, 9:42 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Gold
Originally Posted by blandy62
isn't China off limit to foreigners at the moment?
For tourism yes. Certain conditions like essential business travel are allowed (pre-approval required).
Old Oct 10, 20, 5:09 am

There are flights from TPE on China Airlines (Taiwan-based carrier) and Uni Air (EVA's regional carrier). Entering Taiwan isn't easy these days but as far as I know transfers up to 8h are allowed on the same airline.

Edit: looks like flights to and from China might be excluded, link: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/D...9KQ?typeid=158

Last edited by ProleOnParole; Oct 10, 20 at 5:21 am
Old Oct 13, 20, 8:22 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I think you need to research all the rules. My business partner just flew to China last Wednesday. She flew NCL-AMS-XMN and is currently quarantining in XMN. Her final destination is CSX and since it is a different province I believe she has to quarantine for another 7 days in Hunan province.

If I remember correctly she was only allowed to catch a flight into China from Europe (I.e via Asia or ME wouldnt have been allowed)

Visa application was quite easy. She already had a 5yr visa as a British Passport Holder with family located in China. She had to reapply for another visa which was granted in about 48-72 hours. The only stipulation was that she had to get a negative test result 72 hours before travel (note that this was the date of the result not the date the swab sample was collected). After getting a negative result, she then emailed this to the embassy and they issued a fit to travel certificate within an hour or two.

If the main reason why you want to be in SZX is because it is your final destination, have you considered flying into CAN next door. Both cities are in Guangdong province so should be the same rules after quarantine and its only next door.

There are a currently a lot more options to CAN. There are direct flights from LHR, AMS, CDG, YYZ, LAX, IST, ICN, NRT + more.

I see you are based in US so LAX will likely be your best bet with CZ. They fly every Friday and Sunday.

Last edited by pogonation; Oct 13, 20 at 8:27 pm
Old Oct 14, 20, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

pogonation Thank you. This is useful information. You are confirming my whole point: one needs to arrive directly to the right city in China from outside otherwise one might face multiple quarantines and definitely not in the right place.

CAN is a good idea. I still prefer to quarantine to Ba'oan and I'm investigating the best flights (price, transfer, final city).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.