Air Tahiti refund

Old May 8, 20, 2:30 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 69
Air Tahiti refund

Hi,

has anyone succeeded to get a refund from Air Tahiti (not Air Tahiti Nui)?

I cancelled my itinerary after they cancelled our intra island flights and their old coronavirus policy was still in place. Their old policy stated that they would offer full cash refunds to all affected customers. I cancelled on April 1st and received and email the day after informing me that they were processing a full cash refund (which they called a "commercial gesture"). Their new policy offers only travel credit even if the flight is cancelled by Air Tahiti.

Never heard from them ever since, no reply to emails, no one picks up the phone, their social media team replies promising to raise the issue with their refunds team but never got a reply from them.

Has anyone similar experiences? Refund successes or failures?
Mel Campbell likes this.
Freddorick is offline  
Old May 28, 20, 12:39 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Locked down in the jungle
Programs: BA Gold for Life, SQ PPS Club, UA Premier Gold 2mil,
Posts: 84
Yes, I did, but it took some persistence. Emails were not always answered promptly, so you have to keep bugging them. We were due to fly them inter-island and I think also on the codeshare flight with ANZ back to Auckland in early April, and eventually I got the full refund. Here was one of the emails that I received, and I answered it by saying I needed the refund due to the inability to get to Tahiti once New Zealand put the quarantine in place. Two weeks later my AmEx card was refunded.

Ia Ora na, Hello,
We thank you for your email. Please kindly find hereafter measures we’ve taken in regards to the Coronavirus pandemic (Covid-19) :

1) Before ticket issuance : change and/or cancellation allowed without fees
2) After ticket issuance :
? 2.1 – postponement of the travel (date change) : allowed without fees subject to travel within 12 months from the date of issue of the ticket (last authorized date : February 14th, 2021)
? 2.2 – travel cancellation and ticket reimbursment : allowed without the application of fees


Should you need to postpone your travel or a refund of your ticket, please advise us as soon as possible at [email protected].
Thank you for your confidence in our services. We remain at your disposal for any further assistance.
Call Centre and Distance Sales
AIR TAHITI
Direction Marketing & Commerciale - Marketing & Commercial Direction
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel-Ph: (+689) 40 86 42 42
BP (PoBox) 314 Papeete - 98713 Tahiti
Polynésie Française - French Polynesia
Clack is offline  
Old Jun 8, 20, 5:25 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,221
Thanks for this, gives me hope - they cancelled 3/4 of our flights in late August.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 19, 20, 7:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glasgow
Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Posts: 272
I had a multi-island ticket booked with Air Tahiti for August. Or itinerary to Tahiti has been affected so we can longer travel. I initially contacted AT to ask them if I could move the tickets to the same date next year. I received no response to this. So I contacted them again this week to ask for a refund, even though it mean losing the 50Euro per person fee, as none of my flights have actually been cancelled.

They've responded saying I can't be given a refund as I booked a pass fare (pretty sure I didn't check the "pass" check box on the booking engine, and none of my documentation says this), Anyway They've issued me with a credit valid for a year (still waiting on the actual email with the credit details), but it also says I can claim the credit back after 10 months if unused. Its no real odds to me as I hope to be there in August 2021 instead.
GK1981 is offline  
Old Jun 22, 20, 3:56 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,221
Originally Posted by GK1981 View Post
I had a multi-island ticket booked with Air Tahiti for August. Or itinerary to Tahiti has been affected so we can longer travel. I initially contacted AT to ask them if I could move the tickets to the same date next year. I received no response to this. So I contacted them again this week to ask for a refund, even though it mean losing the 50Euro per person fee, as none of my flights have actually been cancelled.

They've responded saying I can't be given a refund as I booked a pass fare (pretty sure I didn't check the "pass" check box on the booking engine, and none of my documentation says this), Anyway They've issued me with a credit valid for a year (still waiting on the actual email with the credit details), but it also says I can claim the credit back after 10 months if unused. Its no real odds to me as I hope to be there in August 2021 instead.
Interesting that they respond to you when you are wanting to cancel the flights.
No response to 3 emails when they canceled 3/4 of my pass flights - its gone to credit card dispute now.
What email are people using? The generic [email protected] ?
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 23, 20, 8:07 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glasgow
Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Interesting that they respond to you when you are wanting to cancel the flights.
No response to 3 emails when they canceled 3/4 of my pass flights - its gone to credit card dispute now.
What email are people using? The generic [email protected] ?
I used the contact form initially. They responded with an email from that email address a day later and when I replied to their email, they responded back within the hour. This was around 10pm UK time, so around noon in FP.
GK1981 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 20, 8:25 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,221
Originally Posted by GK1981 View Post
I used the contact form initially. They responded with an email from that email address a day later and when I replied to their email, they responded back within the hour. This was around 10pm UK time, so around noon in FP.
ok thanks for that, used the form again - and this time they replied. Talk about a rollacoaster of an email

Given the exceptional nature of the current situation, we inform you that a refund of your tickets cannot be granted in the immediate outlook. Normally we make you benefit from a flight credit corresponding to the value of your tickets ; this flight credit must be used for a trip over a defined period of 12 months from the date of issue ; and If you no longer wish to travel, we inform you that this flight credit may be refunded free of charge after 10 months from the date of issue.

However , Air Tahiti grants, as a commercial gesture and exceptionally, the reimbursement your tickets free of charge.
So , The reimbursement of your tickets was made on the basis of your credit card references.
GK1981 likes this.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jul 2, 20, 10:50 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Posts: 571
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
ok thanks for that, used the form again - and this time they replied. Talk about a rollacoaster of an email

Given the exceptional nature of the current situation, we inform you that a refund of your tickets cannot be granted in the immediate outlook. Normally we make you benefit from a flight credit corresponding to the value of your tickets ; this flight credit must be used for a trip over a defined period of 12 months from the date of issue ; and If you no longer wish to travel, we inform you that this flight credit may be refunded free of charge after 10 months from the date of issue.

However , Air Tahiti grants, as a commercial gesture and exceptionally, the reimbursement your tickets free of charge.
So , The reimbursement of your tickets was made on the basis of your credit card references.
I have sent emails via their contact form for 3 different multi-island flight itineraries in June and July and still have not received any reply. I have emailed them in April, May and June. I am in Australia, not sure if that matters, and really don't know how much more I can do except to keep on sending an email via their contact form.
Crocodile is offline  
Old Jul 8, 20, 8:03 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,221
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
I have sent emails via their contact form for 3 different multi-island flight itineraries in June and July and still have not received any reply. I have emailed them in April, May and June. I am in Australia, not sure if that matters, and really don't know how much more I can do except to keep on sending an email via their contact form.
I m now convinced they only replied because the charge was disputed. A couple days after my chargeback became permanent - they finally cancelled the PNR.
rankourabu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: