Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia Customer Support Phone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Air Asia Customer Support Phone

Hi, I need to contact Air Asia Support to cancel a few fights due to the Coronavirus. I have purchased other flights via China, and then 3 Air Asia flights from HK to a few cities in Malaysia.

Does anyone know if they have a support email number for this?

I tried to call their KL number +60-3-2171-9333, but that number is always engaged.

I tried to use their online chat AVA, about the refund. The problem is that the Refund option for "China Voluntary Refund" does not cover my Air Asia flights, since my Air Asia flights are not in China. There's no option to chat with a representative, so it's rather frustrating.

If anyone knows how I can reach Air Asia support via phone or email regarding refund, please kindly advise.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
AirAsia have dispensed with telephone support.
If you look in the thread below opened yesterday there is a tip in there on how to get the AVA bot connected to a real agent via chat rather than some software.

How to contact Thai AirAsia from Europe?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I have used their "Feedback" option in the Main Menu to request assistance. Hope someone gets back to me (was given a case reference).
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: Enrich
There is a way to trigger agent via AVA, by submit a unclesr photo of your eticket so that the algorithm is unable to recognize the reading. You can try that
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone been able to contact Air Asia?

I submitted the cancellation request via their feedback section and was given a case number. However, I have not received any update.

This can be contrasted with China Eastern (first leg of my Asia trip) which I was able to contact via phone last week, and was granted cancellation with full refund, and I received the full refund on my credit card within a day of cancelling the ticket.

I was surprised with how hard it is to get support from Air Asia - tried to call their KL phone number listed in the website, but could not get through.

I feel helpless!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
AirAsia screwed me by cancelling my HKG-BKI flight while I was in the air incoming on QR ARN-DOH-HKG. I ended up buying a $1300 business class Malaysia flight via KUL as replacement, and will just contact American Express to charge back the Air Asia flight rather than suffering through whatever refund process Air Asia does. Happy to pursue legal action against AirAsia if it will help but I assume there is no economically viable way to do this. (I'm a US citizen, the flight is HK to Malaysia, they're a Malaysian airline, so unless there's US jurisdiction I assume this is essentially impossible.)
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
AirAsia screwed me by cancelling my HKG-BKI flight while I was in the air incoming on QR ARN-DOH-HKG. I ended up buying a $1300 business class Malaysia flight via KUL as replacement, and will just contact American Express to charge back the Air Asia flight rather than suffering through whatever refund process Air Asia does. Happy to pursue legal action against AirAsia if it will help but I assume there is no economically viable way to do this. (I'm a US citizen, the flight is HK to Malaysia, they're a Malaysian airline, so unless there's US jurisdiction I assume this is essentially impossible.)
I don't think you have any recourse by suing them. Other airlines have been canceling flights to HKG as well.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Did they state any refund when cancel the flight? If no, first I would just file a complaint to mavcom via
https://flysmart.my/en/home/

Statistically I found air asia has little complaint number based on the mavcom report. But after I tralize they move all communication to AVA bot, I believe they use this measure to make customer give up to get a log number to file the conplaint... which make them looks much bette than other airlines in Malaysia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.