Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hainan Airlines (HU) Travel Waiver for 2019-nCoV?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gary_nj
My second refund (processed through Priceline) appeared on my statement today. So I am 2-for-2 on refunds, and very happy about it.
We actually disputed it yesterday at the suggestion of the Chase rep to whom it had "escalated." She said it would show as temporarily credited to our account. It's there this morning, I called Chase back, and a different rep said the funds had been received from the merchant and we could consider it refunded. We're happy and relieved as well, although not so pleased at the number of days we were sitting in limbo.
gary_nj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:55 pm

Hey guys,

We requested a refund through the Webet email on Jan 31st and do not have a pending refund on our Amex card. Hainan has responded to my emails and just say it will take a while. Our original itinerary was scheduled to fly out on April 1, so getting a bit concerned... Are there any other refund data points? Did you guys think I should call Amex and raise a dispute as there isn't even a pending refund on my account?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:30 pm

Just an update in case anyone reads this in the future, we were refunded today after ~2 months
Fredd and narvik like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hkibd123
Just an update in case anyone reads this in the future, we were refunded today after ~2 months
Thanks for the update. I read somewhere that Hainan was on the verge of bankruptcy and has been refusing to issue refunds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.