Wiki Posts
Search

MU economy seat strategy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

MU economy seat strategy

Hi all,

Not flown with MU before and I don't want to spend cash on preferred seats. There are some airlines where I will save checking in until the airport in hope of getting a seat I might otherwise pay for. Is this the right thing to do with MU or should I just take a non-preferred seat that looks ok?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: DL GM | LH*G
Originally Posted by shallowdrift
Hi all,

Not flown with MU before and I don't want to spend cash on preferred seats. There are some airlines where I will save checking in until the airport in hope of getting a seat I might otherwise pay for. Is this the right thing to do with MU or should I just take a non-preferred seat that looks ok?
I had booked "preferred seats" (first row) in Y almost 2 years ago upon online check-in. Curious if others have done it more recently?

Also, MU opens check-ins quite early (48h for international flights). I'd def try that as soon as online check-in opens.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Just to check, when OLCI opened the preferred seats became FoC?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL GM | LH*G
That was at least 2 years ago. I called MU today, they told me some front seats (first row) are locked and can only be assigned at the airport checkin... Those unlocked first row seats are available free of charge only to MU Platinum members... This should be the most up-to-date info.

It'd be great if you could verify the availability when OLCI opens and at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.