Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

GA: DPS-LHR replaced with DPS-AMS 7 days out - argued to get booked on QR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

just want to give a heads up that garuda will book you with a different airline if you argue and say the TIME change is too inconvenient.

my dps to lhr was cancelled 7 days out and replaced with dps-ams
garuda are notorious for this.

no chance im going ams without putting up a fight.

called and got the run around for an hour.
eventually lost my temper and demanded i speak to a supervisor who i gave an earful.
said there is now way i can get the AMS flight as the times are too different to the original flight. said i had a wedding and a meeting

within 30 minutes of hanging up i received email confirmation of my booking with QR
DOH-LHR is with qsuites (very happy ending).

the key is to say the new AMS times will mess up very important plans ad you're not taking no for an answer.

not sure if being a business passenger made the difference.
interested if they would do the same for an economy passenger

good luck to anyone else in my position.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Also had my LHR KNO CGK and return cancelled and rerouted from AMS. As I was positioning from AMS to LHR anyway to take advantage of a promo fare this is very convenient for me. Had to take a day earlier or later as there is no Tuesday flight from AMS, but that works for me too.

Also lucky that I could cancel my positioning flight and change hotel FOC.

Bit strange that they did not include any AMS LHR vv. flights in the new itinerary (as if they knew!). Also strange that my connections from KNO to and from CGK were not automatically changed (layovers of about 16 hours if I recall) but eventually got that changed too. The Jakarta call centre originally wanted to charge me EUR1400 pp for doing so but of course I got it fixed in the end.

Any news whether this is the first sign of GA pulling out of London or is this just due to non-availability of the A330-900 neo?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

wow. lucky youre based in AMS.

i found it quite disgraceful that that new flights end in AMS with zero mention of LON.

So not only are they inconveniencing people with the change but they expect customers to call them to add a KLM flight to get them back to London.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It’s really incredible that they are not adding spontaneously a AMS-LHR segment to existing bookings. It shouldn’t be too hard with KL being a Skyteam partner.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: Miles and More, BAEC , QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
Yes, got rerouted back to LHR via Ams from dps for this week. However I had a klm Ams to LHR added without any intervention on my part.

On a related matter has any body flown out of dps via Medan recently on ga86 or ga88 ? Which terminal at dps was used. My ticket and check in instructions say domestic but Garuda Twitter and email customer support insists it is international terminal. Ta
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by editionsofyou
Yes, got rerouted back to LHR via Ams from dps for this week. However I had a klm Ams to LHR added without any intervention on my part.

On a related matter has any body flown out of dps via Medan recently on ga86 or ga88 ? Which terminal at dps was used. My ticket and check in instructions say domestic but Garuda Twitter and email customer support insists it is international terminal. Ta
I think post #16 in this thread will help you
Garuda LHR-DPS Technical stop
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tarman121
wow. lucky youre based in AMS.

i found it quite disgraceful that that new flights end in AMS with zero mention of LON.

So not only are they inconveniencing people with the change but they expect customers to call them to add a KLM flight to get them back to London.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It’s really incredible that they are not adding spontaneously a AMS-LHR segment to existing bookings. It shouldn’t be too hard with KL being a Skyteam partner.

They should be well practiced with rerouting customers for the London route, they have been seriously messing around with the route for over a year now and were achieving autorebooking of customers via AMS with a KL leg easily enough last year. Not that it really helped the London customers as the flight times to/from AMS were significantly different to those from London.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by plunet
I think post #16 in this thread will help you
Garuda LHR-DPS Technical stop
Yes thanks for that. It was on the back of this post that I contacted garuda support because my ticket says D. But they I insist the flight will depart from I. I was looking for advice from people who have flown in the last 2 or 3 weeks
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
*this weeks where are garuda flying to london via news*

Yes thanks for that. It was on the back of this post that I contacted garuda support because my ticket says D. But they I insist the flight will depart from I. I was looking for advice from people who have flown in the last 2 or 3 weeks
Friends flew out of D (Domestic) in Bali a couple of weeks ago.

Immigration done in Medan.

Looks like cancellations due to non-availability of planes - also looks like the new neos have been switched to the AMS route, and cancellations in November. My Jan (out) back Feb flights are fine (AT THE MOMENT).
editionsofyou likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Friends flew out of D (Domestic) in Bali a couple of weeks ago.

Immigration done in Medan.

Looks like cancellations due to non-availability of planes - also looks like the new neos have been switched to the AMS route, and cancellations in November. My Jan (out) back Feb flights are fine (AT THE MOMENT).

Ah well - Garuda foxes Flyertalk - now sat in the Garuda Lounge at DPS international. Turned up at Domestic - lots of shrugging of shoulders. Eventually buggied to International. Checked in, bags through to LHR but no boarding cards for the KLM leg, will need to visit transit counter at AMS, but immigration done so will be interesting to see what happens when we get to Medan. I’m rather hoping that we will be allowed to stay on board as it will be almost midnight by then.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Ah well - Garuda foxes Flyertalk - now sat in the Garuda Lounge at DPS international. Turned up at Domestic - lots of shrugging of shoulders. Eventually buggied to International. Checked in, bags through to LHR but no boarding cards for the KLM leg, will need to visit transit counter at AMS, but immigration done so will be interesting to see what happens when we get to Medan. I’m rather hoping that we will be allowed to stay on board as it will be almost midnight by then.
I double checked - they definitely went from Domestic! The next London flights (December) are now going from International so they've obviously learnt....
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
On domestic flight, its quite common for Garuda to reroute passengers from cancelled flight to different city and don't bother to send them to their original destination.
I guess they did the same for international one as well.

I got a reservation for 2nd January for Garuda domestic and so far it have been changed twice ... both different than original destination. (And no notification)
DPS - BDO for 2/1/2020
Change to
DPS - KJT on the same date and quite similar time.
This change is understandable because government somehow force airlines to use their useless brand new airport 3 hours away from BDO.

Then change again to
DPS - CGK on the same date due to they cancelling the DPS - KJT route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.