Air Asia website crashed on payment security check webpage

Old Sep 22, 19, 7:17 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL FB Plat.
Air Asia website crashed on payment security check webpage

I was making a booking on the Thai Air Asia (airasia.com) website and clicked on the Purchase button after entering my credit card details etc. That took me to a security verification webpage where I had to drag a slider across the screen. But this said "failed" and to refresh. So I did that again but it also failed and I refreshed for a third try. So I closed down my web browser since that was not getting me anywhere. I used my Windows 7 laptop with Moziila Firefox (if that helps as I'm not an IT expert). I am not currently in Asia so calling their phone line would be expensive. I checked my bank mobile app and no payment is there yet (but it may take a while since it is Sunday afternoon). I have not received a booking confirmation email. Their online help seems to be a bot (I hate those things) so is of no use.

Does a website crash at that stage mean that the booking was not made and I must do it again. I do not want to be double charged on non-refundable tickets. May I should wait until tomorrow and confirm with my bank that no payment was made. I assume that the "selling fast" listed against the cheapest flights on the website is just a lie to get people to panic buy.

Also, I selected the Value Pack but at no point during the process did I get a seat map to pick my seats. Seat selection is included in the Value Pack. Does that happen after payment?

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 19, 10:27 pm

Programs: EK Silver
I've had this happen on several occasions, if the slider verification page fails after, your booking isn't confirmed.

I had to switch between browsers Chrome to Edge and the slider verification worked.
Old Sep 26, 19, 10:51 am
siw
Original Poster

Yes. Purely an IT/web browser issue. I re-did the booking and got the slider to accept on the fifth try. Not double booked. Only every seen this on Air Asia website.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:35 am
siw
Original Poster

Is there anyway of changing a seat selection after payment for free for a ticket including the Value Pack?

I selected the Value pack to include a seat selection but I did not see anywhere to select a seat so I completed the purchase. I expected that with the booking reference number I could then pick my seat. I login and find the seat map and if have been give a default bad seat (last row so no seat recline). I have to pay to change the seat. Surely, that is not fair. There was not seat map (or it was well hidden) and I have paid extra for seat selection but now I cannot select a seat without another charge.

Search this Thread