Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China Change of Equipment

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Air China Change of Equipment

First time posting here. Hello everyone.

I booked 5 tickets for the family on PE for SFO to PEK in 12/28 to 1/9. I understand that the Air China PE product is not really a PE product, but we were interested in the somewhat seperated smaller cabin. So we paid for the PE tickets even though they were $300+ more expensive for each ticket.

Today, I received an email from Air China noting my flight has changed. I looked at it and realized I have been downgraded to economy on both legs. I think they changed planes on the route for this couple of days. It was an automatic email that just say sorry for the inconvenience.

My question is: What is my recourse? Can I ask for refund of fare difference at the time of booking? The economy ticket price for the same dates is now more expensive than when I booked the PE.
Can I ask for them to change the dates of my booking to one with the PE product for no additional cost?

And similar to what another member has experienced, the wait time on their phone line is horrible. I haven't gotten through to anyone yet.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.