Can someone check how full CA984 Y cabin is on the 20th of Sept

Old Sep 11, 19, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Can someone check how full CA984 Y cabin is on the 20th of Sept

Hey guys
Can someone check how full CA984 Y cabin is on the 20th of Sept? Air China charges for seat selection so that isn't a reliable way to gauge the load factor. Is someone with access to some tool (expertflyer etc.) able to check and tell me?

I'd be super thankful!
Old Sep 11, 19, 5:57 pm

F2 A2 J6 C6 D6 Z6 R4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T5 L0 N0 K0
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HanBkk View Post
Hey thanks a lot. Could you also explain what these mean? Are these the number of unsold seats by fare code? Or are they the number of sold seats?
Old Sep 12, 19, 12:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond

Aa you said, the letters are the fare classes still being sold. The number next to the number, for instance Y9, tells us CA is willing to sell at least 9 seats in Y class. No way to tell how many. As there are still plenty of lower fare classes being sold (I'm guessing, I don't fly CA), would indicate to me that the flight most likely isn't full.
Old Sep 12, 19, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon View Post

Aa you said, the letters are the fare classes still being sold. The number next to the number, for instance Y9, tells us CA is willing to sell at least 9 seats in Y class. No way to tell how many. As there are still plenty of lower fare classes being sold (I'm guessing, I don't fly CA), would indicate to me that the flight most likely isn't full.
Thanks a lot that makes perfect sense. Air China is quite annoying with how they they don't allow online check in for tickets purchased on OTAs. I suppose the only thing I can do is to go a little early for seat selection at the airport counter (with some luck might snag an empty seat next to me) and adding my FF number so I get A* privileges.
Old Sep 14, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by wariobahn View Post
Air China is quite annoying with how they they don't allow online check in for tickets purchased on OTAs.

I bought CA tickets from Expedia several times and never had a problem checking in online.
Old Sep 14, 19, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli View Post

I bought CA tickets from Expedia several times and never had a problem checking in online.
Okay so if you go to Airchina.us and click manage my ticket it won't work and will send you to a 3rd party website where you can validate but not do any changes like select seat, add FF number etc. This is a well known problem on this forum documented in several places.

HOWEVER, I haven't actually tried online check in yet as its > 24hrs. Are you saying online check in works even if manage my flight doesn't? Seems doubtful, unless you were checking in with Expedia somehow.
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay so if you go to Airchina.us and click manage my ticket it won't work and will send you to a 3rd party website where you can validate but not do any changes like select seat, add FF number etc. This is a well known problem on this forum documented in several places.

HOWEVER, I haven't actually tried online check in yet as its > 24hrs. Are you saying online check in works even if manage my flight doesn't? Seems doubtful, unless you were checking in with Expedia somehow.
That appears to be what he's saying, and also echoes my experiences, but I rarely do OLCI with Chinese airlines because I have pretty good luck scoring acceptable seats at the airport.
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
That appears to be what he's saying, and also echoes my experiences, but I rarely do OLCI with Chinese airlines because I have pretty good luck scoring acceptable seats at the airport.
Oh that's pretty great if it turns out working. I've had a pretty successful streak at selecting my seat in such a way to get an empty seat/row and I find this is best done about 12 hours before take off. Either way, I'll report back in about 4 days on whether OLCI works out or not.
Old Sep 16, 19, 1:40 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Are you saying online check in works even if manage my flight doesn't?
Yes.

Search this Thread