Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong airline carry on limit ??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Hong Kong airline carry on limit ??

I used to fly with asiana airline which really never check carry on luggage weight (their limit is 10kg). But I have to buy the round trip ticket from LAX to HCM (510$ compare to 750$ of asiana). HKA carry on limit only 15lbs for 1 carry on and 1 personal bag. I have to bring 3 gaming laptops with me to the the plane I am sure they will be over weight. Anyone has any idea that HKA would weigh your carry on luggage at check in or at the boarding gate ??
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
I've been asked to weigh my carry-on about 1/3 of the time. It's always overweight when I check in and go through what is now an SOP for me. I open the trolley, remove the backpack and put it on my back. They then weight the lighter trolley and I am good to go. Now under the limit. After security I remove the backpack and put it back in the trolley.

Have never been weighed at the gate nor seen them weighing anything at the gate. I have flown HX over 50 times.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:06 pm

I had the same experience at the check in counter when I flew lax-Bkk on their mistake fare business class. The agent said he would let it pass since I was flying business class, or else I would have done what Uanj did.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

thks for reply guys. now i know that i gotta to put my 2 overweight laptops to laptop bag lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.