FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   AirAsia - cannot buy bundle or Add-ons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1985057-airasia-cannot-buy-bundle-add-ons.html)

knav2013 Aug 29, 2019 8:41 am

AirAsia - cannot buy bundle or Add-ons

Kind of related to my previous thread.

In addition to CMB to SGN, I've also been trying to book SGN to CMB using AirAsia. However, after I select the date, the next page that comes-up has errors. For example, I cannot select a bundle (as they are not showing - see screenshot below). Also, I cannot seem to buy 'checked baggage' manually. Or select a seat. When I tap the icon nothing happens.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4d8a8a5535.png

Has anyone encountered these issues? I've been trying for the last 3-4 days. Same story. Contacted support via twitter. First they said clear the cache on browser and not to have two airasia pages open at the same time. Even after I had told them that the behaviour is prevalent in the App!

When I emphasised this, they've just asked me to try again later. Next day they said it has been escalated. Then they ask me for flight date and time and number of passengers to 'simulate the issue' at their end. I've not heard anything about the results of the simulation.

I'm pretty sure the AirAsia support is there purely for firefighting purposes and to apologise profusely when things go pear shaped. Actually, I can't think of one instance where they've actually resolved an issue.

Anyway, there is a workaround which I've discovered. It involves booking SGN to KUL flight, then booking KUL to CMB separately (I could see the bundles and select one without any issue and go past the problematic screen). Although, as discussed in my previous thread, this would mean that the booking(s) would not count as fly-through, so if the first flight was delayed and I miss the connecting flight, then I'd be forking out for a connecting flight.

dici Aug 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Did you try using computer to buy it? It could be due to smartphone os acting up. I have been trying to play with different airline app to cross check ticket price, and lately i keep getting various app issue

knav2013 Aug 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31472176)
Did you try using computer to buy it? It could be due to smartphone os acting up. I have been trying to play with different airline app to cross check ticket price, and lately i keep getting various app issue

Same issue using computer. Used different browsers. Brand new browser profile (so issues due to cache circumvented) etc.

Even if by some strange coincidence, it just so happens that both my smartphone and my computer browsers were at fault, I highly doubt SGN --> KUL and KUL --> CMB booked seperately would go through fine, only for SGN --> CMB to be affected.

dici Aug 29, 2019 11:45 pm

I tried with my chrome browser at work pc and my smartphone, doing a dummy one way on CMB to SGN, the bundle appears for me and I am able to select it.

Maybe you might want to check some other possible issue?

knav2013 Aug 30, 2019 12:47 am

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31472365)
I tried with my chrome browser at work pc and my smartphone, doing a dummy one way on CMB to SGN, the bundle appears for me and I am able to select it.

Maybe you might want to check some other possible issue?

I've already booked CMB --> SGN without any issues (as explained in my other thread). It's SGN ---> CMB that's having the issue. Have you tried dummy booking for SGN ---> CMB?

dici Aug 30, 2019 7:38 am

Oh yea I just realized that is SGN to CMB got problem, I have the same one.... looks like kind of stupid error...

knav2013 Aug 30, 2019 10:31 am

wonder what would happen if I 'continue' without buying a bundle (or adding a seat or buying luggage checked baggage) at this stage, then after purchasing the ticket, attempt to add the bundle.

I've purchased add-ons in the manner before, but that was when I had been able to buy add-ons at initial booking but had chosen not to. I had bought meals and seats this way. Not sure if that will work when there is an issue like this present. AirAsia support didn't suggest it, but even if it's possible, I wouldn't expect them to suggest something this elaborate (probably asking too much of their scripted answer support service).

I remember when I had bought add-ons few days after the booking, Airasia didn't charge a separate credit/debit card fee when charging for the add-ons.

dici Aug 31, 2019 2:51 am

I believe the bundle will not appear after you done the transaction. Because few days ago I went to check if I could change the meal of bundle (veg or non-veg), and I found that it does not show up at all

knav2013 Aug 31, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31475930)
I believe the bundle will not appear after you done the transaction. Because few days ago I went to check if I could change the meal of bundle (veg or non-veg), and I found that it does not show up at all

With the dummy booking or were you trying to change meal choice of an actual booking you had done with AirAsia?

If it's the latter, did you try well ahead of your departure? I remember seeing on an airline website (not sure if it was airasia or not) that meal choice cannot be changed within 24 hours of flight departure. I remember thinking, well that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not gonna risk it. plenty more airlines out there.

dici Aug 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by knav2013 (Post 31476508)
With the dummy booking or were you trying to change meal choice of an actual booking you had done with AirAsia?

If it's the latter, did you try well ahead of your departure? I remember seeing on an airline website (not sure if it was airasia or not) that meal choice cannot be changed within 24 hours of flight departure. I remember thinking, well that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm not gonna risk it. plenty more airlines out there.

I have an actual booking that departs in October. But this issue that you are unable to change/modify the bundle once you made the payment has been quite well known....

razorblade Sep 1, 2019 5:04 am

Call their hotline. Previously I couldn't add baggage online and the call center worked for me.

Davvidd Sep 1, 2019 7:23 pm

AirAsia website is always a mess. I have tried it many times and yes it creates problems of all sorts.