Philippine Airlines Stopover

Old Aug 22, 19, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines Stopover

Hello, trying to determine PAL's stopover policy. Would like to travel from JFK to SIN, then stopover in Manila on the return. I see you can work out this itinerary as multi-city but it cost hundreds more and wasn't sure if they offered a free/ add-on stopover.
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Annapolis Boater View Post
Hello, trying to determine PAL's stopover policy. Would like to travel from JFK to SIN, then stopover in Manila on the return. I see you can work out this itinerary as multi-city but it cost hundreds more and wasn't sure if they offered a free/ add-on stopover.
You want JFK-SIN (connection only in MNL) then SIN-MNL (stop in MNL for a while) -JFK, correct? They probably have a fare which includes stopovers. Ask a travel agent to look for one for you. CX has fares for example, with no stopover allowed and some with a stopover allowed (HK only) each way and the latter ticket costs more. I would not call it multi city as much as a fare allowing a stopover in the connecting city, which is Hong Kong.

You might also check on the price of an open jaw ticket which would be JFK-SIN (connecting only in MNL) and then MNL-JFK on ticket 1 (e.g. with no flight from SIN to MNL on the way back). And a separate one way ticket SIN-MNL on ticket 2 (does not have to be on Philippine Airlines either). I have done that on Cathay Pacific. YYZ to BKK connecting same day in HKG. Then a return only HKG to YYZ. Separate ticket BKK-HKG, one way. It was $600 less than the fare allowing a stopover.

Real human travel agents are worth the money to help you out.
Old Aug 27, 19, 1:13 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Annapolis Boater View Post
I have found it varies. I have only booked stop overs on PAL using the multi-city tool - sometimes it has worked out at no extra cost, sometimes a bit more expensive (US$100 or so max.). (economy)

From my part of the world it is often cheaper (especially when sales are on) to fly AKL and beyond to somewhere in Asia, than it is to just fly AKL-MNL.

Flight prices can vary quite a bit between different days - does that contribute to the 'hundreds more' you are being offered.
Old Sep 11, 19, 11:39 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I'm with Rick - if you can't get a good deal with an agent, just book an open jaw.
Flights on LCC SIN-MNL are typically under $100ow...
moondog likes this.

Search this Thread