Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival time PPT from BOB for Int'l flight home

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Arrival time PPT from BOB for Int'l flight home

Hi, I have a few options right now for my Air Tahiti flight from BOB-PPT. The one I was leaning towards arrives PPT at 5:55pm. Our TN flight leaves at 11:45pm. Seems like enough time to me. But I've read that these Air Tahiti flights are often delayed/cancelled. Should I book an earlier flight to PPT to be safe?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
In my recent experience (March, 4 flights), flights were pretty much on time. One even arrived before it was supposed to have departed (MOZ-PPT, not hard). The only "delay" was due to scheduling and we were notified a day or two before hand by phone and by e-mail. The phone notification was through the website booking process which asks you where you're staying and contact info.

Of course YMMV and your tolerance for risk/downside if you miss the flight home.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
For what it's worth, we rolled-the-dice the other way for our trip in March 2020. We are taking Flight 478 from BOB-PPT. It lands in PPT at 8:35pm which still gives us 3 hours in PPT. We are using the extra day in BOB to do a spa day at the IC which gives us a way have access to showers and amenities after we check-out of the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.