Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China biz class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Air China biz class

Has anyone ever flown Air China biz and if so can you comment on the level of service, food IFE please.

We were able to get a saver award on UA to DEL which includes one leg on CA. Its from PEK-DEL on an A330-300.

I am not expecting too much but am hopeful its serviceable. I don't expect say Camus XO like on Asiana but I hope it won't be bottom shelf either.

Thank you.

Larry
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Air China J experiences
Air China F
1 hour flight on Air China: business or economy?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I hope as most of the reviews are older that they are as good now as back then.
Larry.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Last month we did a round trip from Beijing to Europe in Air China business class. We were pleasantly surprised by the service on our way to Barcelona (rivaled best service on flights in Emirates First class- which I know is an entire different discussion). Food was good, wine selection was limited. Return from Frankfurt wasn't as nice. Service was ok, but a little robotic. Food was surprisingly good, wine refills were plentiful but the wine was nowhere near the proper temperature. The only really bad thing was the cabin temperature- we were borderline sweating the entire flight both directions, there were no individual air nozzles to even provide air flow. For many reasons we may end up flying them back to US later this year and are already looking for usb fans to use during our next flight with them. Cabin temperature aside we were pretty happy with the flight. (and although we are learning to speak Mandarin, we had no problem communicating mostly in English during the flights).

On a side note, don't expect much from the lounge in Beijing. It's an escape from the terminal, but really isn't all that great beyond that.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmd0506
Last month we did a round trip from Beijing to Europe in Air China business class. We were pleasantly surprised by the service on our way to Barcelona (rivaled best service on flights in Emirates First class- which I know is an entire different discussion). Food was good, wine selection was limited. Return from Frankfurt wasn't as nice. Service was ok, but a little robotic. Food was surprisingly good, wine refills were plentiful but the wine was nowhere near the proper temperature. The only really bad thing was the cabin temperature- we were borderline sweating the entire flight both directions, there were no individual air nozzles to even provide air flow. For many reasons we may end up flying them back to US later this year and are already looking for usb fans to use during our next flight with them. Cabin temperature aside we were pretty happy with the flight. (and although we are learning to speak Mandarin, we had no problem communicating mostly in English during the flights).

On a side note, don't expect much from the lounge in Beijing. It's an escape from the terminal, but really isn't all that great beyond that.
Thank you. We used their lounge last Sept. Its rather poor but as you say but at least we had a nice view of the tarmac.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by kmd0506

If you fly in CA C, you can use CA F-lounge in PEK. It is identical with the C-lounge, but is virtually empty and has Evian water (sometimes well hidden in the fridge).
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: UL, TG
Originally Posted by TPJ
If you fly in CA C, you can use CA F-lounge in PEK. It is identical with the C-lounge, but is virtually empty and has Evian water (sometimes well hidden in the fridge).
Do you mean Air China business class passengers with no CA or star alliance status can use the F lounge transiting PEK?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
We have actually used the first class lounge flying CA-C, UA-C and QR-C, they didn't seem to care too much (we are *Gold, but don't know if that was a factor). You can also access both the F and C lounge with priority pass so I would pick the F lounge given the option as it is usually a little more quiet and has slightly better food, including somewhat cooked to order noodles....but we usually just wait to eat until we are on the plane.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Agree, they don't seem to care about you using the F lounge if you're on a C ticket. I've always been *G, so don't know if that affects it or not. But as mentioned, it's exactly the same, just less crowded. Same lukewarm beer and cola, same food.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
After many trips in CA in Business Class, it was only on the last one that I tried to access their F lounge in PEK. The front desk agent gladly confirmed that I was allowed in: It is in fact open to pax flying CA metal Business Class internationally, irrespective of FFP status.

But no luck if you are in Business on another *A carrier, or on CA in Y. (Note: Priority Pass still gives you access in these cases.)
Narongsuk likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
After many trips in CA in Business Class, it was only on the last one that I tried to access their F lounge in PEK. The front desk agent gladly confirmed that I was allowed in: It is in fact open to pax flying CA metal Business Class internationally, irrespective of FFP status.

But no luck if you are in Business on another *A carrier, or on CA in Y. (Note: Priority Pass still gives you access in these cases.)
Our tickets are biz saver per UA and the class is "I". Do you think this will work for us?
Do you mean Priority pass thru Chase reserve? We have that too.
Thank you.
Larry
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch
Our tickets are biz saver per UA and the class is "I". Do you think this will work for us?
Yes
Do you mean Priority pass thru Chase reserve? We have that too.
Yes.

Just be aware the the F lounge is essentially the same as the C lounge, just less crowded. And I don't think it has showers, if that is a concern.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
Yes
Yes.

Just be aware the the F lounge is essentially the same as the C lounge, just less crowded. And I don't think it has showers, if that is a concern.
Ok, thank you. We have a 4 hour stop over before going to DEL on CA so all things being equal we may decide on the lounge closest to our connecting gate.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jacketwatch

Ok, thank you. We have a 4 hour stop over before going to DEL on CA so all things being equal we may decide on the lounge closest to our connecting gate.
PP gets you access to both. They are on opposite sides of the middle of the terminal; 2 minute walk between them. If you were in J then looking out across the center of the terminal you could look right into the F lounge just above and beyond the Irish bar down below.

As noted by all, they are identical with F having slightly upgraded food. They do have showers (or a shower); it's fine but small. I'll give away a secret: both lounges also have private day bed cubicles in the back corner, with a (hard) twin bed, chair, and night stand. You have to ask front desk for those, but there's often at least one open because it seems almost nobody even notices them.

I am fond of that lounge. It doesn't rival even the best business class lounges I've seen, but it's still not objectively bad.
Narongsuk likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: *G
I took CTS/PEK/FRA C class last week.
CTS/PEK was A330-300. Compared with B777(PEK/FRA), C class seat of A330 is better because of square ottoman. B777 is triangle ottoman, then it's hard to move legs when you lay down.IEF is ok, but compared with B777, less kind of movies.Crew may bring only orange juice and water as welcome drink, but you can order champagne.
During the flight, everyone was quiet. Sleeping or watching movies. Lavatory was always clean. I saw that young crews cleaned it often. You should try Oolong tea. I have had Oolong tea many time, but never had such great aroma and taste on the plane before.

Since July, transit at PEK became quite easy. passport control is machine. just scan your passport & boarding pass and take your face pic then gate open. security is normal but not long. In my case, it took only 15 minutes between got off the machine and crossed the security check.*You have a charger, must less than 100 Wh. If your charger doesn't mention how many Wh, it'll be confiscated at security check.

First class lounge was quiet always. Shower was only one at a male WC(I don't know female WC). Small but clean.All amenities there. Hair dryer too.Dim Sum buffet, noodle stand there.Crews' English skills are poor, but except it, I really enjoyed flying with CA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.