Wiki Posts
Search

Air China Phone Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:50 am
FTA
Original Poster

Air China Phone Wait Times

If you've called Air China US recently please share your wait time and date and time of your call.

Last month my wait time was just a few minutes and several times, just several rings. But after United suspended HKG/ORD my wait time is now over 1 hour. Anyone know whats going on?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FTA
If you've called Air China US recently please share your wait time and date and time of your call.

Last month my wait time was just a few minutes and several times, just several rings. But after United suspended HKG/ORD my wait time is now over 1 hour. Anyone know whats going on?
Their Beijing number is usually pretty good wrt both wait times and staff competence

+86-95583
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:41 pm
FTA
Original Poster

No one?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by FTA
No one?
Did you end up calling their Beijing number? How long was the hold time?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I have been on hold twice for over an hour before getting cut off. I am on hold right now. On the recording they mention an email address that you can send a request to, but I am unable to make it out. It is [email protected], but I am unable to make out what is between airchina and us in the address. Does anyone know the proper address?

Update: Still on hold, but got the email address [email protected] . I will see if they will help me get seats!

Last edited by allbrosca; Sep 5, 2019 at 10:37 am Reason: Update
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:20 am

I have been trying to reach them for almost three hours now. Their North America call center (which I'm beginning to doubt even exists) opens at 9:00 Eastern time. As they were closed, I called the Beijing number. After 30 minutes, I was still on hold and the NA center was about to open, so I hung up called them. I got in queue immediately when they "opened," and after an hour and 20 minutes, I got cut off. I called back and have now been on hold for 65 minutes and counting. I sent them a message via their app, but the response was in Chinese. This is unbelievable!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by NellieVA
I have been trying to reach them for almost three hours now. Their North America call center (which I'm beginning to doubt even exists) opens at 9:00 Eastern time. As they were closed, I called the Beijing number. After 30 minutes, I was still on hold and the NA center was about to open, so I hung up called them. I got in queue immediately when they "opened," and after an hour and 20 minutes, I got cut off. I called back and have now been on hold for 65 minutes and counting. I sent them a message via their app, but the response was in Chinese. This is unbelievable!
update. After giving up on the U.S. call center, I called the Beijing number again. I was on hold for 54 minutes. When someone answered, my call cut off. i am BEYOND FRUSTRATED! If anyone has a "special" number for Business Class passengers or Star Alliance Gold, I would really appreciate it. I am a United 1K and we're flying Business Class, but I'm not up for another marathon on hold. The hold music is maddening, and don't get me started on a "premier" airline which is unreachable by phone...
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:21 am

update. After giving up on the U.S. call center, I called the Beijing number again. I was on hold for 54 minutes. .
Wow, that's too bad! While I don't call those guys very often, I've never had to wait for more than 2 or 3 minutes when using the main number. I suppose reaching out to them on their WeChat OA and or MiniProgram might be worth a shot. I know CZ is pretty good at providing customer service via WeChat because I ran some tests on it last year...not sure about other Chinese airlines though.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Wow, that's too bad! While I don't call those guys very often, I've never had to wait for more than 2 or 3 minutes when using the main number. I suppose reaching out to them on their WeChat OA and or MiniProgram might be worth a shot. I know CZ is pretty good at providing customer service via WeChat because I ran some tests on it last year...not sure about other Chinese airlines though.
Another update. I wrongly assumed that by calling the Beijing number using WiFi calling, that it would be free. After my 54-minute call got cut off, my carrier (T-Mobile) texted me to say they noted $111 in international calling fees, which looked out of pattern for me. I called, and sure enough, I had been charged for the call, from which i was cut off when someone finally answered. I really reconsidering my decision to buy an Air China revenue ticket, business class or not. This is just insane.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:07 pm

Google Voice calls to China numbers cost $0.01/minute.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Well, my email was successful. I heard back today and they were able to confirm the seats I requested, but I did try and get in touch 3 or 4 times on the North American customer service line and eventually got cut off each time.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:09 pm
FTA
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Did you end up calling their Beijing number? How long was the hold time?
I didn't call their Beijing #. I called their NA # on a Saturday around 11AM Eastern and got through after 20+ minutes I think

Something must've happened lately. Just last month I had multiple calls that were answered in a few minutes and 2 or 3 answered in 2 rings
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:11 pm

Another update. I wrongly assumed that by calling the Beijing number using WiFi calling, that it would be free. After my 54-minute call got cut off, my carrier (T-Mobile) texted me to say they noted $111 in international calling fees, which looked out of pattern for me. I called, and sure enough, I had been charged for the call, from which i was cut off when someone finally answered. I really reconsidering my decision to buy an Air China revenue ticket, business class or not. This is just insane.
Lol. WiFi calling just means that you are able to get coverage through the internet when you are, say, in a building which doesn't normally get cellular signals. You are still being routed through the T-Mo network and charged at their rates. As someone suggested, look at a VOIP provider like Google Voice for cheaper Intl calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.