Names on MU/FM tickets and booking via OTA?

Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Names on MU/FM tickets and booking via OTA?

I just booked my first ever flight with MU from an OTA. From what I gather, the Chinese airlines care a lot about names so I put in my entire legal name that also appears in my passport. Once the flight was booked, I did noticed that MU's website had trouble locating my ticket. It wasn't until this morning I was able to select my seats and look at the flights. I noticed that my name was spelled entirely in lowercase characters even though I capitalized the first letter on each of the names. Will this make a difference? Also for my middle name, I noticed that the space that I did put in there was removed and instead merged together. The e-receipt that I got from the OTA showed my name as I had entered it. Not sure if this will complicate things during check-in?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
You are fine. The middle will be munged into first most often. And I do not think passports (US at least) even have lower case letters on the formal match line at the bottom.

The only real pain is when you go to locate the record on the website, as you found out,
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.