Wiki Posts
Search

Lion Air pre-paid baggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Lion Air pre-paid baggage

I have a Lion Air flight MOF-DPS in September and will need to pre-purchase baggage to avoid the pricey day of travel baggage charges I've read about. The maximum amount that can be purchased on their website is 30KG. Normally that would be sufficient for the amount of checked baggage I have on dive trips, but I'm concerned since my standard carry-on is too large for the stated Lion Air carry-on dimensions. If they enforce their rules, then I'd have to check my carry-on and that would probably place me over the 30KG in total baggage weight

Has anyone had this experience before where the actual luggage weight exceeds the maximum pre-purchase option?

Just FYI: The carry-on is a dive camera / lights set-up, my regulator and dive computers and is in a fairly small Pelican hard case, but those cases do have their own weight. It won't be a problem on the long-haul USA to DPS legs, it is only this one-way after the trip from MOF back to DPS.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: United
I am faced with the same situation with Lion Air flying from Manado to Sorong. Can you tell me what ended up happening? Were you able to purchase extra baggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.