HELP! Hong Kong Airlines

Old Jul 26, 19, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

HELP! Hong Kong Airlines

I apologize, I donít know if this is the correct thread. I have a flight to Osaka Japan through HKG on HX this August. I am flying from Arkansas to SFO on a separate ticket (cheaper) booked with UA. My itinerary is XNA->SFO->HKG->KIX with the same routing returning. My problem is that the HX ticket is through Expedia and when I try and look up my reservation on HXís app and website it canít be found! My confirmation email has me confirmed with a ticket number but it still canít be found! How will I receive a boarding pass if I cannot check in for my flight? Also, since I will fly into SFO airside, will I need to exit the terminal to check in and receive a boarding pass? Is my flight confirmed even though HX canít find the reservation through their website? Is that because it was booked through Expedia??? Sorry for the freak out. Thank you for your help!
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you can't find it on the operating carrier's website, you won't be permitted to board.

Start by calling HX and have them look it up as it could be a glitch as well. If HX has it, you are all set. If HX does not, it is up to Expedia to fix it. If you look at other threads relating to Expedia on similar issues, it's going to be a hassle.

Let us know.
Old Jul 26, 19, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

I called HX and they said that I canít see it because I booked through Expedia. I gave them my ticket number and they were able to read my itinerary off to me, so it seems like itís all ok? What do you think?
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aelvik View Post
I apologize, I don’t know if this is the correct thread. I have a flight to Osaka Japan through HKG on HX this August. I am flying from Arkansas to SFO on a separate ticket (cheaper) booked with UA. My itinerary is XNA->SFO->HKG->KIX with the same routing returning. My problem is that the HX ticket is through Expedia and when I try and look up my reservation on HX’s app and website it can’t be found! My confirmation email has me confirmed with a ticket number but it still can’t be found! How will I receive a boarding pass if I cannot check in for my flight? Also, since I will fly into SFO airside, will I need to exit the terminal to check in and receive a boarding pass? Is my flight confirmed even though HX can’t find the reservation through their website? Is that because it was booked through Expedia??? Sorry for the freak out. Thank you for your help!
And for your XNA-SFO(UA) & SFO-KIX(HX) United will not interline any checked-in hold baggage. You will have to collect at SFO.
UA forum link---> UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix with *A Partners (YES) & Non *A Partners (NO)

Hope you have a lot of time between these separate flights. (not connecting flights). If UA is late it is all your problem if you no show the HX flight
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I called HX and they said that I canít see it because I booked through Expedia. I gave them my ticket number and they were able to read my itinerary off to me, so it seems like itís all ok? What do you think?
Why not ask them to email or fax (yes, they fax) you a copy of your e-ticket receipt (not itinerary, but receipt).
Old Jul 26, 19, 8:39 pm

Programs: CA Gold/ UA 1K.. Marriott/SPG Platinum
Also, since I will fly into SFO airside, will I need to exit the terminal to check in and receive a boarding pass? Is my flight confirmed even though HX can’t find the reservation through their website? Is that because it was booked through Expedia??? Sorry for the freak out. Thank you for your help!
Your United flight will arrive at T3 at SFO and you will need to exit the secure area and collect your luggage. You will then make your way over to the International Terminal, ~15 min walk, and check in with HX. As a stated, you are not protected if your UA flight is delayed so hopeful you gave yourself a cushion of time to connect.

on a side note, they just announced the discontinuation of this flight. Last flight is Oct 4th.

Last edited by minhaoxue; Jul 26, 19 at 10:13 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 27, 19, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
It is very normal that you cannot see your PNR on HX website, which is very basic. As long as they confirmed by phone, it is completely safe.

However, note that HX is in serious financial trouble and for sale. They are cutting many of their longhaul flights.
I like the airline and August 4 should be OK. I just hope that you have scheduled a large time cushion at SFO.

Search this Thread